Hopefully coming soon JN6

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: Hopefully coming soon JN6

Post by Sundance »

Brian/Viper,
Ok, talked with PZ and according to him the files can be transferred to your site. Here is his response to my email:

pz@mediacombb.net
Thu 3/24/2022 5:16 PM
Steve,

It must have been Galen that I sent an email suggesting that if someone had contacts with any of Snuffy’s family, maybe one of you guys could then provide that to GoDaddy or where ever Snuffy registered goldenbearsden.com and then maybe they would let you renew it? It might be worth a shot.

Once I know where you guys want to go with the files, I can provide them or transfer them or whatever you guys need that doesn’t put me further in debt.

Yes. I will need to transfer your domain name over to you so you have full control over it. And wherever you need to be transferred to, I have a back-up and will help in anyway I can.

We have until June. That’s when GoDaddy will be wanting another year of money for the server space. With all the hacking and talk of cyber attacks, I can only imagine how complicated and expensive this will all be getting.

PZ

His email is : pz@mediacombb.net which is also at the top of his response. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to make this happen.
Thanks Guys!!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Message sent, thanks Steve!
mikey2020
Weekend Duffer

Post by mikey2020 »

Another GBD disciple here. Though I wasn't very active the past few months I do have about 200 courses plus some of the utilities from the game. while I only released 2 completed courses for the den and participated in the last 4 group designs, I'm have several course designs that I've been tinkering and I was close to sending those before the shutdown. I hope to contribute as much as I can.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

mikey2020 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 1:01 pm Another GBD disciple here. Though I wasn't very active the past few months I do have about 200 courses plus some of the utilities from the game. while I only released 2 completed courses for the den and participated in the last 4 group designs, I'm have several course designs that I've been tinkering and I was close to sending those before the shutdown. I hope to contribute as much as I can.
Welcome aboard! Things are currently getting sorted and hopefully other members find their way here.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Jeff Reel is currently working on a very nice looking course that was being advertised at the Den. I'm also working on a new one, Palm Harbor still in early stages. On GBD we previewed our designs just to keep the interest flowing so as I advance will do the same here as soon as I grasp the site a little better. I encourage you other designers to do the same. We had several guys putting out high quality designs on a regular basis!!
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Sundance wrote: March 29th, 2022, 1:32 pm Jeff Reel is currently working on a very nice looking course that was being advertised at the Den. I'm also working on a new one, Palm Harbor still in early stages. On GBD we previewed our designs just to keep the interest flowing so as I advance will do the same here as soon as I grasp the site a little better. I encourage you other designers to do the same. We had several guys putting out high quality designs on a regular basis!!
That would be great! Always enjoyed the previews at the The Den.
I added a thread to show how to add images to your posts. Anything not clear let me know.
How to post an image in the forum
RandyG
Scratch Golfer

Post by RandyG »

Hello,

randy here:
Played many moons of the JN series out of Snuffy's.
If I can help with files, let me know which one's...... I have close to 33 gigs of courses and a ton of designer and player files, patches and help info.
Anyone remember 'Charlies Clothes' ? Got'em lol

Sent Charlie and Bob the link to here.

randy
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Awesome Randy and welcome!

Brian is organizing the files so not sure what state things are at. It sounds like you must have just about everything for the game which is great news. There are so many files important to preserve.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Thanks for letting others know about the site Randy. We may well need you for the source of most files. I still have yet to hear from the person who hosted GBD.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

BrianZ111 wrote: March 30th, 2022, 12:33 am Thanks for letting others know about the site Randy. We may well need you for the source of most files. I still have yet to hear from the person who hosted GBD.
Brian, I'm assuming you sent PZ an email so I will notify him again and see what is going on. Whew!!!