Pebble Beach Library

Help with questions or problems.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Pebble Beach Library

Post by DC#1 »

The PB lib does not show up in the architect. It is in the cloaking tool as uncloaked. I can play a game that uses PB. It shows up in the course manager but it does not show up in the library window in the architect. Could this be related to where certain libraries would cancel another library? Any help is appreciated. I also just noticed that more than a couple of libraries I cloaked still appeared in the library window in the architect.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Pebble Beach Library

Post by SteveHorn »

David!
I assume you've uninstalled the PB library and reinstalled it. Are you using the old PB library or does the newer version have something different? I haven't played the newer version yet so just wondering if it could be some issue there. Are you right clicking the architect and using the run as administrator?
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Hi Steve, yes I did uninstall and reinstall, didn't work. I have multiple arch files of the course I am working on and I double left click and they open fine, no problems or so I thought. Refer to original post. Now refer to response post. I can't believe all the problems windows 10 causes when you don't run as administrator. That fixed my problem. All libraries that are uncloaked are visible including PB and all that are cloaked are hidden. I can believe I didn't think of that. Remember to ALWAYS run every program as administrator. A huge THANK YOU to Steve Horn.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

The game "installs" the courses and libraries to a different location in the registry depending on what account you use. So if you run the cloaking tool, game, and manager as administrator but run the architect as the normal user it'll be reading a completely different set of courses/libraries installed for the architect: only the ones you installed when you ran the manager as the normal user. There may be other benefits to running as administrator but as far as this goes, as long as you're consistent and run everything as the same user, you should see the same things. The confusing thing can be that when you run it as admin, as far as the game is concerned you're running a different account, even though you didn't actually log in to a different account in Windows.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I did not know that. Thanks for the info Brian.