PGA 2021

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: PGA 2021

Post by BrianZ111 »

So they just threatened to make it no longer a free upgrade to get more people to upgrade sooner? Sounds about right. :laugh:
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Everything about Windows 10 is suspect! lol

On the PGA 2000 subject, I uninstalled the game so I could start with a fresh install to do the same as Steve and keep my libraries and course numbers down.
After reinstall, found my course manager was completely empty, no courses, no libraries displayed although they did show in the game itself.
While the PGA fix does fix the graphic issues, we will still come across other stupid things that may occur on the newer operating systems and Win 10.
My problem appeared to be this:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1091&p=9603&hilit=c ... mpty#p9603

Putting the course manager to run as admin made everything reappear. I also needed to put the game's exe to run as admin as this was no longer saving settings after the reinstall.
Everything was working perfectly before I uninstalled. I'd say it looks like registry entries may not be appropriately handled when un/reinstalling.

On Win 10 best to just leave things be once they are working nicely. My problem is resolved anyhow but thought I would mention it for others if they hit the same issue.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Yes this is an issue that started with Windows 8 and carried over to Windows 10 but is not a problem in Windows 7. I found that each time you installed libraries or courses you risked it going south. Something gets corrupted in the course/library install registry entries for some unknown reason. Switching to admin account provides you with a fresh start without reinstalling the game because each Windows account gets it's own registry entries for the game, but eventually if you keep installing things you'll lose it there too and there's nothing left to do but reinstall the game.