Past times.

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Past times.

Post by Polslad »

I still drop in here most days for a quick visit, for old times sake etc.
Can't help feeling that I really miss working with the architect and having a course build project active.
I used to enjoy the research, and solving the challenges on how to achieve certain requirements and realism.
I guess those days are long gone.
Ive said in other threads too, I miss the tour mode too.
Loved playing a season and seeing where I finished on the money list.
I do hope someone comes up with a fix to the Windows 10 glitch, I would re-install in a moment.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Past times.

Post by SteveHorn »

David!
I 2nd everything you said. I do still have a old presario computer that I bought in fall of 2001, windows XP 40 Gigs, that I've been thinking of hooking up just to play PGA 2000 again. I've got a disc somewhere to give it a full factory reset
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Any chance you can pick up a cheap old Win XP computer or laptop off e-bay or something like that? Would love to have you back. If you ever do return to designing, I'd be happy to do a plot for you again if you'd like.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Below is an eBay example from Australia. These are the sorts of PC's you can easily find. This guy has 2. Both should run PGA 2000 fine. In US dollars that's around $63 at the current exchange rate.
At worst, if the PC's need a bit more graphics power than integrated graphics you can buy a cheap card. I know as an example old AGP system cards can still be bought new and very cheap.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-Desktop ... SwfV9dzmWb
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

I'm going through courses in practice mode to select for a 34 week season.
I'm finding the guys still active here produce some really awesome courses!
Using screen names and keeping it alphabetical, BrianZ111, DC#1, Polslad, SteveHorn I really hope one or two of you get back into it.
I'm having an absolute blast just going through your courses in practice mode.
Totally looking forward to getting my season up and running so I can play 4 proper rounds on them.