Novice course builder

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
steggs11
Weekend Duffer

Novice course builder

Post by steggs11 »

All
Just like Will29, with the Coronavirus lockdown here in UK, I have had a lot of extra time on my hands and discovered WGC2011 and its courses for Fitness Golf (which I play with my SkyTrak).
Some awesome courses, and great work by the members of this site. Many thanks!!!

I realise that the traffic on the site is low these days, and the software is getting kind of old ... however, I have discovered the golf course creator in WGC2011 and am having a blast trying to recreate my local golf course.

I have successfully imported terrain data, and used the blueprint tool (with a bit less success), and have now created 11 holes of the 18 hole layout at Sene Valley Golf Club, which are playing amazingly like the real thing (I say amazingly, because I am not usually that good at this sort of thing!).

I have reached that point where I can do the basics, and have read/watched all the tutorials, but I now know enough to realise that there must be easier/better ways to do some of the things I am doing! I will post a few questions in separate topics as they aren't really related ... thanks in advance for any help!

Steve