Gallbladder Surgery

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Gallbladder Surgery

Post by BrianZ111 »

I'm scheduled to have my gallbladder out on Thursday August 2nd. It is an outpatient procedure and I expect to be home the same day but depending on how things go I may not be available here for a few days.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Re: Gallbladder Surgery

Post by Stan Nehilla »

good luck, Brian.
Stan
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Brian! Get well soon. WOW I had know idea that gullbladder surgery had become an out patient thing.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Thanks, yeah I'm having it done laparoscopic and hopefully if all goes well I'll be home the same day.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Well everything seems to have gone well. I arrived at the hospital yesterday at 6:00 AM, the surgery was at 7:30 and I was home by 1:00 PM. I have four bandages where they made the incisions. I didn't have any nausea or other adverse effects just my whole abdomen is really sore. I have some pain pills but they don't seem to help much. The real key to avoiding the pain seems to be to hold as still as possible. So far I've just been eating soup and crackers, I will be trying to transition into more solid food soon.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Brian,

Glad to hear everything went well. I am sure it wasn't as painful as that 10 you got the other day... lol.
Dar