Indy Anna's dad passed on

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Indy Anna's dad passed on

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Hi all. This is Greg, Judy's husband. Judy's dad, Glen passed on early this morning after a long battle with cancer. He was 84. I know you all are like a family to her and I wanted to pass this along to you.

Glen was a heck of a guy and a fervent lifelong golfer. We both tried to get him interested in this game but he hated computers and would never try it though he did say he'd like to try playing (in real life) I lot of these courses, esp. our two Roberts.

Glen was also one of the remaining WW-2 vets. He was sworn into the navy on D-Day, served as a gunner on various armed merchants, and was stationed at Okinawa when Japan surrendered. He never finished high school yet was superintendant of highways for a major county for 31 years. (Today he couldn't even sit at the desk without a degree in civil engineering.)

He married Judy's mom in 1946; she survives along with a son, 3 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: Indy Anna's dad passed on

Post by bryce »

Judy, I'm sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and the rest of your family.

Doron
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Judy, you and your family will be in our prayers.
Family will keep you going.
Stan
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Judy & Greg! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I send my heartfelt condolences. Judy your father was a true hero to this country for all of his services during the war and after.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I know what your going through Judy. This Wednesday will be 2 years since I lost my mom to colon cancer. I still think of her everyday and miss her so much. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Bless your heart Judy, we will keep you in our prayers ...Our sympanthy for your entire family
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Greg and Judy,
May God comfort and uphold you in your time of loss. I am so thankful for our vets - why we have the freedom we have and what has given us the opportunity to get to know one another when you think about it - folks willing to step up and fight when called upon to do so. We will certainly keep your family in our prayers.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers everyone. My dad was also a lifelong Christian and we believe he's gone home. Other than getting weaker he didn't have much pain until the end and we're grateful for that.

DC I understand what you're saying. Greg lost his mom 5 years ago and we still miss her like crazy. Guess it's time to work on another course design.
ogilvy2
Weekend Duffer

Post by ogilvy2 »

I am so sorry to hear that, Judy.
My prayers are with you and your family.

Boris