silence

Help with questions or problems.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

silence

Post by sandwedge »

I have noticed that after downloading and installing a few courses (Bullock Run by McHale, Castle Ridge by Adam Brandt and Tomohawk Run by Robert Wagers) I get no sound except for the player, clubs, and collisions. I thought that Bullock Run was done this way intentionally - not sure - but I believe Tomohawk Run is supposed to have ambient sounds isn't it? RDWsounds is required as a library so it must right? I've got the ambient sound setting at frequent and still after testing out the first 8 holes - nothing. Then I sit in one spot for awhile, thinking the sound will kick in - still nothing. I am running Windows 7; have 155 courses installed and their libraries. I do not like sounds that are too frequent but I don't enjoy playing in silence either - I like Tomohawk Run visually and would like to keep it. I am not familiar with the course - is this intended or is it a problem with my system. Any help would be appreciated.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: silence

Post by bryce »

On the main screen of PGA, click on 'Options', then 'Sound' and make sure everything you want to hear is checked, and you may want to change the ambient sounds to 'moderate' or 'frequent'.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

bryce wrote:On the main screen of PGA, click on 'Options', then 'Sound' and make sure everything you want to hear is checked, and you may want to change the ambient sounds to 'moderate' or 'frequent'.
Hey Bryce - did that - no ambient sounds. Are you saying then that Tomahawk should have ambient sounds as you play a round then? Thanks for the quick reply :)
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I tell you what....I'll play it and listen then let you know what I hear.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

bryce wrote:I tell you what....I'll play it and listen then let you know what I hear.
Thank you. Most of the other courses have sounds that play regularly except for the three aforementioned ones. I am trying to figure out if it is intended or if I have a bug in my system or if I have a corrupt library or something. I did reinstall Tomahawk Run and still no ambient sounds. I am puzzled :shrug:
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I played the front 9, and couldn't hear anything because of the crowd, so I turned the crowd and announcers off and......nothing. So nothing is wrong with your system, there just aren't any sounds.

On a sour note, I putted off of the green and almost into the water on the 3rd hole. Oops! Haven't done that in a while.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

bryce wrote:I played the front 9, and couldn't hear anything because of the crowd, so I turned the crowd and announcers off and......nothing. So nothing is wrong with your system, there just aren't any sounds.
I guess I will just play the course in tournament mode then - thanks again :)
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Tomahawk Run is still one of my all time favorites with or without any sounds. If I recall right Wagers intended to have sounds but ran into some sort of problem in the architect with the sounds and went ahead and released the course as is.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

I will admit that I forgot to add sounds to my course. It may not be the only one of mine either. Actually, I may need to resubmit my contest course because I forgot to add sounds!! Oops!
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

A Brandt wrote:I will admit that I forgot to add sounds to my course. It may not be the only one of mine either. Actually, I may need to resubmit my contest course because I forgot to add sounds!! Oops!
Sounds or not, Castle Ridge is going to stay on my hard drive. Thanks for your contributions to the community. I really enjoyed Grand Harbor as well. :)