installing courses and libraries

Help with questions or problems.
billw
Range Rookie

installing courses and libraries

Post by billw »

I just recently reinstalled PGA 2000. I tried installing a course that uses one library. If it lets me install the library, then it tells me that the course needs to be put in a different directory. If it lets me install the course, then it tells me that the library needs to be put into a different directory. When I had this game installed in the past, I never had this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BillW
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: installing courses and libraries

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I usually only run into this on a reinstallation of a bad course or library.

First, uninstall both the course and library, then check the folder where you had them (it) installed and make sure it's actually been deleted. Manually delete if necessary. in either case, delete the course/libe and redownload them.

1. Install the library in the course manager folder marked courses. Now try to install the course in the same folder.
2. If that doesn't work, dbl-click SIERRA then your game type [PGAxxxx] then try to install it in the course folder located here.
3. ITDW, then try to install it in the PGAxxxx folder, then the SIERRA folder.
4. ITDW, then go C:/->SIERRA->PGAxxxx and try installing there, then the SIERRA folder. If still no luck, try to install it under the C:\ (your directory will locate it when you boot the game.)
5. ITDW then you might do a search for the course/libe to see if they're hiding somewhere other than where you dl'd and opened them. ITDW I don't know what to tell you. I can't think of any course/libe I didn't have install somewhere.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

billw - I've had this happen many times. In each case its turned out that the library had previously been installed from a different folder (and is still in that folder) then the one you are trying to install it from. Example - I have a small library folder in My Documents with a few frequently used non stock libraries. Sometimes I'll try to install one of these libraries from the my documents library folder in the course manager and I'll get that different directory message. Everytime that happens I know that library is somehow still in the pga folder but somehow may no longer show it as being installed in the manager. All i do is reinstall it from the pga folder in the course manager and presto problem solved. These are the only two places that I have any libraries so finding the other folder is easy for me. If you can't find the problem do a search to locate where that library is located. Hope this helps
smasha
Novice

Post by smasha »

I can't install any course.
I get a 339 runtime error.
alantoft
Novice

Post by alantoft »

I have recently started playing PGA 2000 Titanium Edition again, after finding it plays great on Windows 8.1, and installed all the old courses I designed.
Every thing worked fine until last night when all of the user designed courses I had added had somehow disappeared.
I removed PGA 2000 and made sure there were no files left, then reinstalled it, then reinstalled my courses but they are still not showing even though it said they had been installed.
Anyone any ideas??
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Is it something similar to what happened to Polslad a while back?

See here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=742

and here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=746&p=6775
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Alan sounds like he's having the same issue I did with Windows 8.
The fix was to create a new user and log in then install PGA onto that user.
Everything has worked fine so far.
The solution came from experts on this site, not me, way to clever for me to fix, but glad they did.
By the way, PGA is A LOT harder on this newer PC, all my stats are shot to heck, slicing my way around everywhere, I seriously need to restart and build my cyber golf swing back.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

David! Having a new mouse is a HUGH difference if using tru swing
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Tell me about it!
I've tried 3 different ones since this new PC.
Gone from a major winner to a hack who can't break par anywhere.

It's great isn't it!