I am unable to open Course Architect!!!

Help with questions or problems.
rwmuso
Range Rookie

I am unable to open Course Architect!!!

Post by rwmuso »

:confused: Please can anyone help? I have been playing PGA Golf 2000 Titanium Edition for a number of years. In 2003/2004 I tried to create a few courses. I recently tried to open the course architect. The first screen opens then closes again to windows. I think I need to reinstall the course architect again. I would appreciate if anyone could help me do this without uninstalling the entire game as I have over 900 courses installed which are all playable. Many thanks, rwmuso.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Re: I am unable to open Course Architect!!!

Post by A Brandt »

I believe the only fix is to reinstall the game. You will not lose your courses, but you will have to reinstall them using the course manager. A little time consuming, but I don't think there's another option.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

You need to cloak your libraries using the CL Tool. The architect gets weird after so many installed libraries - am guessing with 900 courses you have quite a few. It won't open because it has passed the thresh hold of stability. No need to reinstall everything - just download the CL Tool and cloak libraries that you do not need. Yeah I know what you're thinking - how does Sandwedge know? Trust me, I know :laugh:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I don't know what everybody else does but after I play a tourney I uninstall that course (except stock). I probably won't be playing that course again for awhile and it only takes a minute to reinstall. I keep all the courses that I've kept compressed on disc with most non stock libraries compressed with each crs.
rwmuso
Range Rookie

Post by rwmuso »

Hi all...I really appreciate your time and answers to my post. As I stated, it has been a while since I last got involved with my golf game. I just wanted to play around with the course architect again. Many thanks to a brandt, sandwedge & SteveHorn. I have been down the road of a complete game resinstall and the time consuming custom course and library installations. Stevehorn has given me much food for thought with his comments and thanks for that. However, it is sandwedge that has jogged my memory about cloaking the libraries. My course architect is up and running again. Woo Hoo! I am so grateful to you all. Just one final note please >>> I noticed when I opened the cloaking tool, that 'Inland Heath' is set as my default library. I read somewhere that 'Jocassee Shoals' should be the one. Perhaps I may be given some information regarding this. Best wishes to all, rwmuso. :D
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

rw,

you can use any library you want as the default library. It can be changed with the CLTool. :)
Stan
rwmuso
Range Rookie

Post by rwmuso »

Hi Stan...Many thanks for your reply and info. Best wishes, rw :)
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

I'm sorry, I guess I just assumed most people are using the cloaking tool! That makes much more sense and is certainly easier than reinstalling!