Installation Problems

Help with questions or problems.
Guggy107
Chronic Slicer

Installation Problems

Post by Guggy107 »

Hey everyone. Used to have this awesome game years ago, but it got lost in a move and I've recently reaquired it on Amazon. Anyway, I was so excited to finally get the game back, but now I find that I can not install it! I looked around on here, but there wasnt much info. Pleasssssssssse someone help me out. I am running Windows 7, and the installation process gets to disc 2 (titanium edition) before giving me an "error 117". There is a .wav file that can not be accessed, and the setup program closes. I tried all the different types of installation, including Basic, but apparantly all of them require that file. I did read on here that some of you are running the game on your Windows 7 machines, so I know it is possible. Here is what the actual error message says:

ComponentMoveData had the following error:
Media Name: Second
Component: Sound Components\Basic Sound Components
File Group:
file: E:\Sounds\Basic\clbrat.wav
Error Number: 117

Any help would be so much appreciated. Thanks!
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Installation Problems

Post by tincup »

guggy,

I have never seen that error before and have no clue what might be causing it. :confused:

My suggestion is to download the PGA2000 Install package from the Utilities area of this site... See if you can install from that.

Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Guggy & Dar! That appears to be a basic club sound (not swing). Not sure why that would give anyone a problem. You may want to try making sure your installation disk are cleaned with a soft cloth or tissue and try reinstalling.
Guggy107
Chronic Slicer

Post by Guggy107 »

Well, I downloaded the installer from this site and it seems to have worked! The only problem I have now is that I do not know how to install the 7 extra courses from disc 2 (I have the Titanium Edition). I guess this isnt a big deal, I plan on mostly using the architect and playing the courses you guys have made, but I would still like to know how to get those courses off the disc. Thanks again guys...hopefully I'll be able to contribute a solid course or two to the community some day.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

Guggy, you can download all those courses from this site as well as all the libraries needed. If you need to know exactly which courses and libraries, someone (Dar most likely) can tell you which ones :)
Guggy107
Chronic Slicer

Post by Guggy107 »

Thanks for the help. Yeah, this site seems to have everything you could possibly need to enjoy the game. I might be getting a little off topic now, but this will be my last question in this thread, I promise. When I download a library from here, which folder do I extract it to? I'm seeing that courses all have their own course library, but then there are some libraries within the architect folder as well.
Guggy107
Chronic Slicer

Post by Guggy107 »

Never mind! Figured it out. Now I can finally get to playing the game!
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Guggy,

There are 13 courses in the standard PGA2000 install
Course Name
1 Black Diamond Ranch
2 Cabo Del Diablo
3 Canaveral Dunes
4 Coeur d'Alene Resort GC
5 Gloucester Golf and Hunt Club
6 Jocassee Shoals
7 Monterey Shores CC
8 Pasatiempo
9 Pete Dye GC
10 Princeville Resort
11 Sahalee
12 The Royal Birkdale GC
13 Whisperwood GC

The titanium version provides 7 courses beyond the standard set
Course Name
1 Beartooth Pass
2 Cutter Bay
3 Eman Hills CC
4 Rugged Cross
5 Sammamish Hills GC
6 Saxe Gotha GC
7 Tulaichean Bay

The Collectors Edition (CE) version provides 13 courses beyond those already mentioned
Course Name
1 Barren Hills GC
2 Ceilidh Cove
3 Ceilidh Cove at Dusk
4 Darnoch High Course
5 Emerald City GL
6 Ingalls Creek Country Club
7 Inland Heath Golf Links
8 Lochiel Golf Links
9 Normandy Heights CC
10 North American Woods
11 Po'okela Resort and Country Club
12 The Sammamish Plateau
13 Whisperwind

Hope this helps,
Dar
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Guggy.. first off welcome back. Second, don't EVER hesitate to ask any question you might have about installation problems, game play, using the architect... anything. We're more than happy to see old-timers and newbies getting into our favorite game and are quite happy to answer any and all questions you might have.
Ravi Shanker
Range Rookie

Post by Ravi Shanker »

Any tips on how to get the pga 2000 package installation to work? Thanks--I downloaded from the Utilities menu.