Library Creator wont create library

Help with questions or problems.
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Library Creator wont create library

Post by Pyecraft »

Can't recall the fix for this. It'll open and accept all textures/panos/2D's ok, but refuses to 'create library'.
I've cleaned up a zillion files, defragged and re-installed PGA twice already, would much appreciate help here. thanks
May the only balls you slice be your own
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Library Creator wont create library

Post by BrianZ111 »

Not sure. Is there a specific error message it gives you?
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Hi Brian, thnxs for looking in
problem.jpg
(33.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
creator makes a file but the arch can't find it.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I don't know, that looks like a pretty generic Windows error. Did you move or rename the location where you saved the files in the library. I know that causes problems but I don't think it even lets you open it then. Is it possible you have a file in the wrong format, like 24-bit bmp instead of 8-bit?
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Yes, I was clearing files and condensing into one final folder, but I've since reinstalled twice and tried all kinds of tricks - creating with just one unmoved texture, etc. and still the creator makes a file but when creating library it won't, and wants to contact Microsoft. It seems like the creator is in a sulk, and can't forget not finding that earlier file. Not sure, if its related but my pc won't restore to any previous restore point either. Also, although I know the PGA install discs aren't corrupted, my pc seems not to want to recognize Sierra's folders when I try to manually drag said file into one.
I will try your bitmap idea, Brian, its a possibility, but I also removed a trojan, and now wondering if a reformat and reinstall of XP might be what's required.
Ever done this? Is it difficult? Thank you, its appreciated.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Pye,
When you say "my pc won't restore to any previous restore point either", do you mean you cannot even get to the restore function?

If so, then it may well be a virus or malware. I just went through a problem like that with my brother. He had a vicious malware infection that blocked all routes to the system restore.

There is a back door way to do a restore that you might try. Here is what you do:

1. Shut down your computer completely
2. Hold down the F8 key while you power up again. You can release the F8 key when you hear a faint beeping sound. That will bring you up screen asking you what you want to do.
3. You will have no mouse at this point, so just use the up/down arrows to navigate to a line that says something like "Last Known good configuration". With that line highlighted, hit enter and follow the instructions.

If that does not resolve the problem, then you may need to restore to an older date. Repeat steps 1 and 2 above and select "Safe Mode" then see if you can launch the system restore from there.

Dar
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Not sure if I understand you exactly. Are you trying to open an existing library and then create it? If so the original files associated with it have to be in their original location. The path to them gets coded into the saved file and can't be changed. If you are starting from scratch with a new library and can't create then disregard that. I don't have any ideas other than reinstall the game.
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Thanks guys here then...
Attachments
problem2.jpg
(63.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

error.jpg
(63.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
reinstalled XP and retained design files, don't know how. Have it all tickin' over nicely then the message above!
any ideas why?
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

Pye, I get that message every time I load in a pano and every subsequent opening of that particular library. It doesn't mean anything to my knowledge as I have had no problems with the creation of libraries.