Extremely long courses

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Extremely long courses

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! Looks like you've done a great job. A little worried about the length of the forced carry over water. Into a stiff wind how difficult will it be for a 265 avg. driver?
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Steve, I just measured to points to cross the water and it's about 219 yards to carry the water if aiming at the fairway to the right, and about 228 yards to carry the water if you go toward the middle of the green. If anyone cannot hit their driver that far into the wind, then try the regular version of the course. I am going to hold off on releasing the championship version until I complete both. I hope to be finished very soon!

Doron
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Finally!!!! After 2 weeks of adjusting things and double and triple checking greens, I think I am finished with the championship version of this course. I am adding tournament objects as I type to be 100% finished. There will be a standard version that isn't so long and difficult out of it as well. I will wait to upload both at the same time, since the championship course will not be fair to players who do not hit the ball far, or struggle to break par. I have never used so much fencing before, and my fingers are worn out!

I hope to have both ready in the next couple of days, depending on how much I feel like changing for the standard version.

Here is the 13th green from about 40 yards short:
13green.jpg
(526.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
And the 18th green from just short. A nasty finishing hole (evil laughs)
18green.jpg
(518.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Doron
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron ! Looks Great. Waiting to download and give the championship version a whirl.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Looks like the object placement is spot on!
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Looks very nice, Doron. Waiting........ LOL
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Sorry DC! I'm almost finished with the regular version of this course and I will upload both when I am. Probably tomorrow!

Doron
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

No problem. I understand about adjusting and double and triple checking greens. That is exactly where I'm at. My course should be done very soon. Wow, that will be 4 courses within probably 2 weeks. Just like the good old days. Hurry up Steve. J/K
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Championship course has been finished since Sunday. When I get home from work I will finish the standard version and upload both tonight.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Incredible time to be a PGA 2000 fan. With a new Adam Brandt course, a David Psalter gem and Doron and Steve and Pye with ones in the oven. Are you kidding me?! All we need is an Indy course for my girls! Woo Hoo! :laugh: