New Project

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

New Project

Post by Terry Grayson »

Well been working on a course for a few days... I wanted to do something a little different... Not go crazy with elevations, but make a course that is proper scale looking
and one that has ample planting and is just a nice leisurely golf course to play! First look I know it will remind some of Stone Forest because I used some of the same libraries, but different course..

Actually there is something I have done here I am wondering upon completion if anyone notices.... I wont give that away just yet...But hopefully in a couple of spots
on the course you will get it...

Anyway, here are a couple of shots... Enjoy.... this course is going to have a humongous amounts of small grasses and plants.. even in the off rough areas like on hole one, there is not an inch there that is not planted...blends well huh? Dont get caught in those areas though, you will see what i mean

Hole one Tee
Hole 1.jpg
(698.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Hole Two Tee
Hole 2.jpg
(771.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Hole Three Approach
Hole 3 Approach.jpg
(691.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Re: New Project

Post by Terry Grayson »

Hole 9 tee
Hole 9.jpg
(713.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Thanks for looking folks.....
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Terry! Looks great, knowing how fast you can design means you should be done in January sometime.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

SteveHorn wrote:Terry! Looks great, knowing how fast you can design means you should be done in January sometime.
Ha ha...probably been done earlier than that.... I just have about 6 holes to sink bunkers, then finish planting stages...

And to spencer, Im going to add some ball washers and such...I know you like seeing them bro! HA!!! :)
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I swear Terry, after some of the courses that have been released over the past few years, I feel like it's that old Lowenbrau commercial where the guy says "it doesn't get any better than this" yet somehow it does. My brain looks at what the three of you are doing (Boris, Brian and you) and I start thinking how can I match or top this?

What is the water you're using? I'm not familiar with that soft aquamarine color. Speaking of which, the entire look/feel of the course is that of a very late summer/early autumn day with the temp in the 60s but the sun warm on your back... I love it. Unable to tell what you did deliberately different, though. :up:
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Indy Anna Jones wrote:I swear Terry, after some of the courses that have been released over the past few years, I feel like it's that old Lowenbrau commercial where the guy says "it doesn't get any better than this" yet somehow it does. My brain looks at what the three of you are doing (Boris, Brian and you) and I start thinking how can I match or top this?

What is the water you're using? I'm not familiar with that soft aquamarine color. Speaking of which, the entire look/feel of the course is that of a very late summer/early autumn day with the temp in the 60s but the sun warm on your back... I love it. Unable to tell what you did deliberately different, though. :up:

Indy it is the Glenhaven water texture .... I appreciate the words... I wanted just a nice change of pace course that I normally dont cram a million terrain points into!
I will let yuns know soon what I did... Its nothing different design wise, just something I used in the design process! HA!!!!!
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

BTW: Match this? Right! Cougills is one of the very best released this year and maybe in a few in my opinion and i mean that.... You have sky rocketed to the near top of the designer food chain in my book!
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Thanks Terry. You dont have to put them on every tee, just every 3rd tee will be fine, lol. Spencer.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Like everything but the pano - guess its me from the sounds of it - kinda scary looking and dark. I actually enjoy courses with less design points because that means I have a better chance at beating those LPGA cyber golfers in my house :laugh: Somehow, I still get embarassed when I lose a game to one of my daughters - imagine if you will me tightly gripping the mouse on the last hole only one down and in a great spot in the fairway. Then imagine me triple bogeying the hole and losing by 4 strokes! Yeah, this is a course that looks awesome and might give me a real chance to actually win a match!
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Oh come on Dave, you let those little girls beat you??? :bg: Again I envy you that your family joins you in playing.

Terry, I appreciate your kind words. It always amazes me how quickly you can put together a AAA quality course in such a short period of time. I always feel like a grinder but I won't quit until I'm at least 95% satisfied with the finished product. There's always that "I wish I had..." or "if I could only get the designer to..." going on in my mind. Popster has told me for 8 years I'm too much of a perfectionist!