Design contest

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Re: Design contest

Post by LinksLegend »

Hi guys,

Would love to take part if it was more of a collaborative 1 hole at a time project. Including if it was two designers working on one hole - that might be fun. I just won't get time to do 18 on my own...

Cheers
Duncan
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

I like the idea of help - might learn a lot from having a partner :)
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

That's why I initially thought partners would be a good idea. It would give some of the newer designers a chance to learn some of the secrets of the more established designers. But I like Duncans idea of doing one hole at a time, or maybe 2 holes.
Guggy107
Chronic Slicer

Post by Guggy107 »

I'd definitely be interested in doing a contest of some sort. My concern is that I wouldn't have enough time to devote to meeting any deadlines, so I would hesitate to say I'd like to be paired with someone. To give you guys some idea of the pace I work at, I've been working on a new course now for about a month and I havent even begun laying holes out yet.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Ok, so the school year has started, and I'm pretty certain I'm not going to be able to be involved with this anymore. Between full time classes, marriage, and golf, I just don't have the time. Thanks for understanding, guys and gals.

See you around,

ADC
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

I like idea of having 2 man teams working together on 2 holes together. That way one can lead on their own hole and then discuss with their partner. Think we'd get some really interesting designs out of it... Not sure if we could get 18 designers together though? Maybe they wouldn't all have to be collaborative? Maybe 6 pairs working on 3 holes each??
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Duncan! Nice idea but there is'nt anywhere near 12 designers interested at this point. Pairing up at this point seems improbable.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Fair enough, so let's ramp it up - 3 pairs producing 6 holes? I'd love to see some of the awesome designers that produce all the great renditions trying their hand at original designs also. Am sure we could get enough takers, and it's an interesting concept that I'm sure would have fantastic results...
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Wonderful to see so many of you old mates here Terry, and still interested in a compilation. I've always been up for those, but a little unsure if pairing up will work. The uploading/downloading 'latest progress' thingy would drive me crazy; I'd be sure to lose interest. I do favor each designer working individually on say, 3 holes though and have long thought this a greater opportunity to introduce course character, from a given plot. So count me in if we're to do this, let's design something special.
May the only balls you slice be your own
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Pyecraft! I agree with you 100%. Not enough people to do a duo concept. Also the switching back and forth between so many pairs is bound to lead to problems. I just finished Medinah and will be uploading in a couple days so I'm good to go for 3 or more holes or so on a multiple person design.