New course in the works

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
A Brandt
Club Champion

New course in the works

Post by A Brandt »

I started a new course about a month ago. There's a funny story behind it, too... I decided to design a course in Alabama, drawing some inspiration from the RTJ Golf Trail. I searched for a bit on Google Earth and found a great, hilly site very near Oxmoor Valley, a RTJ design near Birmingham, AL. I wanted to come up with a name first so my librarie(s) would have the same name and eliminate the need to change the file names later. I settled on Ross Bridge, named after the road the course is accessed from. Here's the funny part, little did I know that there is a new RTJ course located on the exact same site...with the SAME NAME!!! I realized this after looking for pictures of some of the Trail's courses. My version of Google Earth does not show the course being there, just a bunch of trees!

So, my design is purely fictional, and hopefully as good as the real Ross Bridge! I designed this course to be played from 2 different sets of tees, giving you 2 different angles and yardages to most of the holes. The shots below are of #9. Black tees are "tournament tees", yellow tees are "pro tees"...

tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: New course in the works

Post by tincup »

Holey Moley! :eek: Better hit em straight on that course... lol.
Looks great Bro. Can't wait to see the final product.
Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

That's soooo realistic looking. Are those your own textures? They look awesome together.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Me Likeie alot. Love the tight tee shot look.
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

Cool Man!
I too like the colors of the textures!
From the screen-shots, it seems that you have the right idea about the trees and textures of that geographic area of the country!
Looks great! Makes me consider reinstalling the game and giving it a loop-or-two!
Cheers!
RDW

PS- I like what I can see of the Pano too!