Old Timers Competition

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: Old Timers Competition

Post by tarheel »

Played round 4. This was really enjoyable! I think all my practice at Pebble Beach with wind crisis after wind crisis really helped me zero in! I enjoyed both these courses, and they were really well done.

Brad, your designing days should not be over...

I have my .game file zipped up as well since it might be easier to just extract the score out of it since everyone has played already. You can watch my round with the .round as per usual if ya want. I had a beauty on the back nine (first one in quite a while actually)
round4-kalgoorlie.zip
(10.26 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

I'm so glad you have enjoyed my courses. I do have a few designs going at the moment, but am struggling to find the time to get to them. I'll chip away a little bit at a time and eventually will get them finished.

Robyn and I are going away to Tasmania for the month of March, so the next comp may be our last until April. We'll have to see how we go.

Cheers

Brad
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Fantastic round Brad! The Par 4, Hole 14, is the hardest hole on the course, averaging 3.904 and you managed to Eagle it, which, my friend, led you to be the new course record holder for Kalgoorlie Golf Course. :party:

Congratulations.

One more round to come in from Lupin and then we will commence the Steve "Sundance" Holden Challenge. The two courses that Tarheel has picked are both doozies and I doubt very greatly that we will be seeing the same low scores as we did on the courses we have just played.

Cheers

Brad
LupinSnoopin
Novice

Post by LupinSnoopin »

Here is the round 3 I forgot to include on the last post I made. Ending with a par isn't the worst thing in the world.
Attachments
Kalgoorlie Golf Course - Lupin - Round 3.round
(28.79 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

sorry for the delay in posting scores. We had all the kids and grandkids around yesterday for a swim, as it was 36 Celsius, and dinner. Things couldn't be much closer, with several tied scores. Just what you want!

The Rd 3 results are:

The Rd 4 results are:

The Championship results are:

And here are the trophies:

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
Rd 3 Scores and Results.jpg
(106.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Rd 4 Scores and Results.jpg
(105.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Tournament Champions.jpg
(95.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Stroke Champion.jpg
(85.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Handicap Champion.jpg
(85.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Stableford Champion.jpg
(85.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Stay tuned, conditions for next event to follow as soon as I get round 1 played to post. Likely by tomorrow night
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

HI all!

Okay here are the conditions for our next event and PAY ATTENTION to the tee, which is NOT always black

Snakehead:
http://golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn6/fi ... holden.zip
Round 1 - White tees - Medium - Pin 2 - Normal
Round 2 - Blue tees - Mild - Pin 4 - Soft

I played my first round already below. This is a really good looking course and it will certainly be a beast when I play it on black tees after this tournament. Should be interesting on the blues. Its another 10/10 from Mr Holden for sure. I like the thematic sounds which make it feel even more realisitc.

Holy Grail
http://golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn6/fi ... _Grail.zip
Round 3 - Blue tees - Medium - Pin 1 - Normal
Round 4 - Black tees - Mild - Pin 3 - Hard

Here is my round 1
Last edited by tarheel on February 16th, 2023, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

Tarheel has put in a scorcher Rd 1 at Snakehead, so better get out your best game if you want a trophy this month.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to update our season long FedUp Cup points as at the end of the last competition.

Also, for Goran and Lupin's sake, in particular, I have attached a graph showing the progression of our handicaps. How it works is, if you have a negative handicap(say -2), you get one shot one every hole and 2 shots on the hardest two holes. If you have a positive handicap (say 13) you only get a shot on each of the five hardest holes. Your initial handicaps are based on the average of your scores over the first twenty rounds you have played. After that, it is based on your 8 best scores from the last 20 rounds you have played (just like in real life). This explains the sudden jump in Tarheel's and my handicaps as we had played a lot of rounds before you guys joined our happy little troupe.

Hope that makes sense. So far, the handicap system has worked really well in keeping scores close cross the Handicap and Stableford competitions.

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
FedUp Cup Progress Scores.jpg
(59.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Handicaps.jpg
(97.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

What a great course, I liked everything about it especially the textures and how they fit together. The sparse planting was spot on too with good looking trees and bushes. With my limited skill I appreciate a no nonsence course with easy to understand layout of the holes.
Helped by white tees I played my best round, only let down on the two last holes on the front 9 bc of difficult pin positions. I still have to improve the putting in JN6, short putts break too much I think. I suggest we use 1 m gimmies lol
I even outdrove Tarheel on a couple of holes, and got closer to the pin on a few too :)
Attachments
Snakehead Rnd1 - Goran.round
(26.93 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Skipping ahead to give you all another round to play along with, here is Holy Grail (round 3).

This is a really handsomely crafted golf course. Hats off to Mr Holden for two great ones! I found this one harder to play, with tougher putts, and from blue tees, a bit more distance. Even from the blue tees, you will find consistent trouble, and I got lured off the fairways quite a bit (47.14% in fact off the drive). You need to be able to scramble on a golf course like this. I'm gonna also tell you that the water is placed many times exactly where you will need your prozac.

I mean, come on! This is beautiful! Steve, you gotta at least give us another course!
Attachments
holy_grail-comeon.jpg
(219.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet