Old Timers Competition

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: Old Timers Competition

Post by Sundance »

Goran wrote: January 4th, 2023, 4:41 pm My 3rd round. I installed the HD patch from day 1 which makes this old beloved game looks beautiful, but the grid starts showing one meter in front of the ball sometimes and that makes it harder bc of how important sidehills lie are. Not complaining, I like it and I think it makes it less predictable.
Goran, isn't the HD version fantastic though? Such vivid visuals of the courses. I did mention the grid problem as well and didn't know you could fix that as Brad just mentioned. Will have to give it a shot and see.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Goran,

appreciate you have other playing commitments, but would love to see you play all four rounds, as we have overall winners of Stroke, Handicap and Stableford based on their average scores over the four rounds. As I have said before, there is absolutely no pressure to complete your rounds. When we have all finished our four rounds, we move on to the next course, simple as that.

Cheers

Brad

PS: Can somebody please tell me where you get the HD patch and how you install it?

PPS: In relation to the grid starting a yard ahead of the ball, if you use the number pad you can get different views of the putting surface including one looking back from the hole to the player which will show you the grid right up to the ball.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

as Lupin and Goran both scored above 72 I had to have a rethink about how my formulas worked for determining the handicaps. While my first attempt wasn't correct, it wasn't far off the mark. I have now corrected the logic and the results for Rd 1 have changed ever so slightly. Sorry for the confusion, but if you saw these formulas, you would understand my confusion.

Cheers

Brad

Attachments
Rd 1 Lone Star Park.jpg
(106.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

BradTheDad wrote: January 4th, 2023, 6:26 pm PS: Can somebody please tell me where you get the HD patch and how you install it?

PPS: In relation to the grid starting a yard ahead of the ball, if you use the number pad you can get different views of the putting surface including one looking back from the hole to the player which will show you the grid right up to the ball.
The HD patch was ín the Extras folder in the download of the game. It was just a new icon for starting the game, very easy to just replace.

Re the grid. It helped using the 2 or the 6 keys. nr 2 is so cool, with the closeup view. Remember I used that view sometimes, will start playing that way every round now. Feels like you are the player and not a spectator.

They should have only given the Closeup View option, and we would not have had to curse the greenline in this game :)
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

My 4th round, for the record I had to save the game and return after 8 holes when all my icons for wind and clubs etc disappeared.

Brad, my concern for not playing 4 rounds was not for having time as a retiree since one year with plenty of gaps in my calendar to be honest. But to me it gets repetetive playing the same course so many times, knowing there are so many great courses to be explored. I know it is your tour and I should play or shut up, but if I could have one wish it would be to arrange events like they do with Pebble Beach and Spyglass and the Scottish event, with two different courses.
Attachments
Lone Star Park 4th - Goran.round
(30.36 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi guys,

Personally, I'm happy with Goran's proposed approach to play only two rounds on each course and to have the tournament results determined over two different courses.

Goran, one thing we do is rotate who picks the next course/s we play. So, my friend, if you would like to pick our next two courses that would be good. (Preferably courses with hole handicapped by the course designer (for Stableford purposes), but it's not essential, as I can always handicap them myself.)

Cheers

Brad
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

That was the best reply I could hoped for, was a bit worried I was rude.
For the next 4 rounds I suggest you decide the courses, but you can only chose your own designs. It does not have to be two, dont know how many you have done but if it is four and you are happy with them we play a new one every round.
It was so long ago for me playing JN6 I dont know their names, but I remember being impressed with what you did with the last course I played before start playing MS Links and then Perfect Golf. Must have been 15 years ago :)
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I like picking two courses a lot ! I will have to pick from the full list because i never designed anything
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

here's my Rd 4 and an update on rounds played to date. I'll update the scores per round when I receive Lupin's rounds.

If you guys are happy with Goran's suggestion that we use some of the courses I have designed, I would be humbled to do so. Two courses or four?

Cheers

Brad

Attachments
Rounds played.jpg
(79.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Lone Star Park Golf Club - Brad The Dad - Rd 4.round
(25.28 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I like two since it’s fun to learn how a course plays