Happy Hollow Golf Complex

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Happy Hollow Golf Complex

Post by Sundance »

I am very pleased to announce that Sundance Designs has purchased a large area of old farm land in the Lebanon Ohio area and have just broken ground on what we hope is just the first of several courses. The first will be a semi-link style course called 'Hazy Hollow' and development has just started but we will give you a glimpse of the bare ground where it begins! We'll try to keep you updated as we progress. Thank You.Image
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
(557.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: Happy Hollow Golf Complex

Post by tarheel »

That is some gorgeous real estate! I'm willing to bet the development team will create something of legend!
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

Love this!! Can't wait to see how it develops Steve!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Zoning rights may be a serious issue in seeing this project through. Sundance Designs and Development will keep you posted on this project.

Seriously though, yesterday was a very bad day for Sundance Designs. First, the INI file became corrupted for Hazy Hollow which is something we've all encountered before as designers but then, lo and behold my old faithful design computer, an E Machine dating back to the Jurassic Period finally heaved it's last breath and with it went some valuable designing tools I use often. Patriot's Point survived this disaster but sadly, Hazy Hollow may not see the light of day.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

The old E Machines are truly unbelievable. Took the dinosaur apart and checked for loose or separated connections but honestly didn't find a thing that looked out of place or discombulated. Plugged the damn thing back in and 'Voila'! Anyway, Hazy Hollow is probably history but be on the lookout for Hollow Trails. Be safe this Holiday Season. Christmas is a special time of the year!!
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Thats great news :)

Catching up on backlog of playing and then set to play Patriot! I've really set myself quite the schedule.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Good news and bad news Steve. Glad you got the old girl working again, but sad that we may not see Hazy Hollow come to fruition. I really liked that real estate.

Cheers

Brad
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

BradTheDad wrote: November 25th, 2023, 6:44 pm Good news and bad news Steve. Glad you got the old girl working again, but sad that we may not see Hazy Hollow come to fruition. I really liked that real estate.

Cheers

Brad
Brad, same real estate just different name and approach. Lost the .ini file for Hazy but still have the background!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

tarheel wrote: November 25th, 2023, 6:38 pm Thats great news :)

Catching up on backlog of playing and then set to play Patriot! I've really set myself quite the schedule.
Haven't heard much on Patriot's Point. Afraid I let you guys down on that one.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

NOT a disappointment. In fact, its another of your best. I am ashamed to not have found the time until tonight to play a full round (I have playtested previously random holes to get a feel for it). This one is going to get much more love going forward and I posted up a round on the reviews forum.