Old Timers Competition

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Re: Old Timers Competition

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

just watched Galen's Rd 3 and Rd 4 files, and we have a smokey in our midst. Two terrific rounds, particularly Rd 4, which has really put the pressure on for Handicap and Stableford honours. I said there was a low score out there if you played sensibly, and that is exactly what Galen did. He didn't try to overpower the course, just snuck up on it and kept getting red numbers. (Although, his good form did cost him another shot on his handicap!)

Just waiting on Tarheel's and Randy's final rounds and we can move on to our very special event, The Charlie Roberts Testimonial Championship. :up:

Here are the third round results:

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
Rd 3 Scores and Results.jpg
(22.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
RandyG
Scratch Golfer

Post by RandyG »

Round 4

Coulda-Shouda :bg:

randy
Attachments
Apple Isle Golf Links - Randy Rd4.round
(24.51 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Sorry for the delay on my round. I tried to play a nice controlled round without taking aggressive chances from the short tees. Nice playing this wonderful course, and I am glad I played my round after having warmed my clicking up with the PGA event in Greensboro this weekend on Juan's wonderful Sedgefield.

On a side note, i lost my mother on the 26th of July, a slow progression of dementia but she never had trouble knowing me and other than developing a lot of trouble with swallowing and aspiration the last couple of months she passed peacefully in her sleep at the nursing home. Say a prayer for her today, she was cremated this morning at 730am. We will have a service for her at graveside in October when all the grandchildren can be there. I love you mama!

Anyone on here with Instagram I am 1994Tarheel.
Apple Isle Golf Links - Tarheel - Round 4.round
(23.03 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
JuanMenestrina
Scratch Golfer

Post by JuanMenestrina »

i´m so sorry to hear that. My condolescences!

Juan
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Brad,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. At least you have the comfort of knowing that she did not suffer any pain in her final days, passing peacefully in her sleep. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you go through this difficult time.

Kindest regards

Brad
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

a lot to get through at the end of our tournament at Cutter's Peg and Apple Isle.

I said there was a low score out there for the taking, and Tarheel took it, with a magnificent 53 in the final Round. This saw him clean sweep all the honours for Rd 4.

In the overall results, this terrific round saw him also capture the Handicap event by a mere 0.2 of a shot from Randy, and the Stableford crown by 0.5 of a shot from Randy and myself. Thankfully, my early rounds held me in good stead to take out the Stroke event by 0.7 of a shot from Tarheel.

The FedUp Cup standings haven't changed a lot. There is still only 20 points between first (Randy) and last (Me). But there has been some movement in the middle.

Everybody's handicaps continue to improve, which is just as well. As we head into the Charlie Roberts Testimonial Tournament, you are going to need all the skill you have to score well on four of Charlie's masterpieces. Charlie has given us a lot over the years, but the one thing he has never given us is an easy course. (To get a better view of the handicaps, just double click the .jpg attachment in blue.)

So, buckle up boys, we are in for a fun ride, as we pay tribute to our good mate, Charlie.

See you on the tee.

Cheers

Brad

Attachments
Rd 4 Scores and Results.jpg
(21.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Tournament Champions.jpg
(20.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Stroke Champion.jpg
(37.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Handicap Champion.jpg
(37.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Stableford Champion.jpg
(37.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FedUp Cup Progress Scores.jpg
(11.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Handicaps.jpg
(309.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by BradTheDad on August 7th, 2023, 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

the courses and conditions for the Charlie Roberts Testimonial Tournament are as follows:

Rd 1: Chickamauga - Medium/Hard/Pin 3 (See next post)
Rd 2: Royal Harbour - Mild/Normal/Pin 4
Rd 3: Purgatory Creek - Medium/Soft/Pin 5
Rd 4: Cuchulainn - Mild/Hard/Pin 1

All rounds to be played off the black tees.

Cheers

Brad
Last edited by BradTheDad on August 9th, 2023, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

after starting my first round, I reaslised that some of the Pin 2 positions on Chickamauga are not what you would expect on a real golf course. So, I have changed Rd 1 to Pin 3.

Cheers

Brad
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

BradTheDad wrote: August 9th, 2023, 1:15 am Hi Guys,

after starting my first round, I reaslised that some of the Pin 2 positions on Chickamauga are not what you would expect on a real golf course. So, I have changed Rd 1 to Pin 3.

Cheers

Brad
I like to play a practice round. Pin 2 on hole 3 was quite a challenge to make par. I decided my best chance was to play my second from the front bunker. 🤠
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Indeed Galen. I thought that Pin 2 on Hole 1 was a bit unrealistic as well. Hence the change to Pin 3

Cheers

Brad