Old Timers Competition

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Re: Old Timers Competition

Post by Goran »

Knowing the course I had a pre-round malt and feeling more relaxed this time I hardly noticed all water. Hard grounds should have been the normal I think, the ball reaction is more natural.
Great designing Brad
Attachments
Sapphire Rnd2 - Goran.round
(28.19 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Thanks Goran. Glad you like the course. Will be interested to see what Lupin thinks of it.

Cheers

Brad
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Here is my Round 3. Played two hours of PGA 23 against my daughter and her boyfriend in college (and I got my first ACE in the game!) and then came to this before bed. This is another fantastic course. I like the colors. Different, and actually very soothing to my eyes. Nice to NOT see tons of green. I'll go back and play round 1 now, but wanted to give a file for you all to play with.
Hole 3, par 4 where the drive takes you to a landing area with a sharp left hand turn to the green. Good stuff!
Attachments
hole3_par4.jpg
(204.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Brad,

glad you like the course. It is a real course which my best mate and I played on our caravanning trip with our wives around Australia in 2019. It is located on the outskirts of Kalgoorlie, a gold mining town in the Western Australian outback. The soil is pretty close to that colour in most of Central and Western Australia, thus why it is referred to as "The Red Centre" of Australia.

It's a beautiful green oasis in the middle of nowhere, where they play the Western Australian PGA every year.

I was really happy with the way the course came out when I created it and I think it provides a close proximity to playing the real thing.

Cheers

Brad
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

Just watched Goran's first two rounds. I thought you must have got a new putter on the front nine of Rd 1, but then you must have switched back to the old one at the turn. You are clearly hitting the ball better each round, but still losing a lot of shots on the green. Hopefully you will have a change of luck at Kalgoorlie. You will be pleased to know, however, that these two rounds have reduced your handicap by one shot.

A couple of nice rounds you've put together Brad. You will take some beating in the Stroke play, but I suspect our new handicaps will make it difficult for you and me in the Handicap and Stableford events.

Cheers

Brad
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

here's my Rd 2 file, for you to play against. Better than Rd 1, which just makes me feel worse about Rd 1.

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
Sapphire Lakes - Brad The Dad - Old Timers - Rd 2.round
(25.29 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Really enjoyed my round at Kalgoorlie, wide and rolling fairways and tricky greens. Fantastic elevation work in the designer.
I know I am not putting well enough, got me today also on a couple occasions. Playing the game Perfect Golf daily for six years makes it difficult to adapt, the putting is very different.
And it does not help being used to metrics when suddenly instead of feet below pin it says something like 32 inches below, I dont have a clue what that means :)
Attachments
Kalgoorlie Rnd 3 - Goran.round
(28.82 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Super glad to have you with us playing Goran! In September, I hadn’t played this game in about 12 years and it came back to me over a few weeks.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

And here is round 1. I had about 5 putts that should have gone in missing by ant length which screwed up what would have been a phenomenal round. I swear a couple levitated right over the cup.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

My 4th round. The course is great fun to play, everyone likes to land on fairway which are hard to miss, but then you must be accurate on the approach to the tricky greensites. I figured out what to do to get in a good position on the green, but the execution is a different matter lol. Great hole layouts, and very well designed too.
Attachments
Kalgoorlie Rnd 4 - Goran.round
(28.2 KiB) Downloaded 168 times