Old Timers Competition

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: Old Timers Competition

Post by tarheel »

I played Round 3 so that someone can play along with me before they play their round 3. I don't know where my head was in this one. I did a lot of good things, but I also did several really boneheaded things, creating dirty situations. Duffer or pro, you decide.

One thing decided about this course is that the front 9 is significantly easier than the back 9. Two rounds for me and there is a clear difference in performance both times half vs half.

My Round :eek: :
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

And here is Round 4 if you want to play with it. I'll wait and play round 2 with a couple of players if other rounds are posted. I think I had very consistent play this time, but I found this a tough round.

My round :idea: Image
I've had more than a few moments like this so far in my three rounds!
Attachments
gil.jpg
(62.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hey Brad,

thanks for posting your Rds 3 and 4. Just played against your Rd 3 and if it wasn't for your "boneheaded" things you would have had a great score. Thankfully, my boneheaded things didn't cost me anywhere near as much as they cost you, so pretty happy with my Rd 3.

Great eagle on the second hole!

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
Lone Star Park Golf Club - Brad The Dad - Rd 3.round
(25.28 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Here is my 2nd round. I keep forgetting how much the ball lie affects the aiming in JN6. A bit crazy, but good for the gameplay. I was happy with the round, only one wet this time.
Attachments
Lone Star Park 2nd - Goran.round
(29.09 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

And here is my final round. I watched my round played alongside Goran and Brad (Nice Ace!). And I agree with you Goran, this game has a lot of jump on those sidehills in the long irons and woods. I've been playing PGA23 concurrently with this game, and my judgement gets thrown off a little when I switch between the two!

This is a fun golf course. I'm looking forward to playing it again in a couple of months on my PGA tour and wonder how I will do then having had four rounds to get to know the golf course.

My round 2: :wavey:
LupinSnoopin
Novice

Post by LupinSnoopin »

Hello and thank you for letting me join the competition!

A bit of a rough start to my first real time with this game. I suppose halfway through that I wanted to go big on numbers and started playing to rack up points. :laugh:
Attachments
Lone Star Park Golf Club - Lupin - Round 1 - Medium - normal - pin3.round
(31.3 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Welcome aboard Lupin! As we have all finished Rd 1, it is time for a score update. Obviously, as this is the first rounds for Goran and Lupin, their handicaps mean that they will both score 36 Stableford points. This will start to vary as their handicaps change. At the moment however, there is very little in any of the competitions.

Goran, while your Rd 2 score isn't much different to Rd 1, you clearly played better and were badly let down again by putts not getting to the hole. Might be time for a new putter my friend. ;)

Great Rd 2 Brad.

I will provide another update when I have Lupin's Rd 2. I am still hoping that Mikey will also join us. I have written to him asking if he is interested.

Cheers

Brad

Attachments
Rd 1 Lone Star Park.jpg
(99.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Yes my putter has to be exchanged, as the person holding it naturally can not be blamed :)
Perfect Golf differs in two ways, first the sidehill lies that I dont even take into consideration in PG. Secondly the putting, they roll forever compared to JN, but on the other hand they dont turn as much except in the end when they start rolling slower.
So it takes some getting used to again lol. The good thing is I dont click in PG so I dont have to adjust to the tempo. Great fun though, thanks for letting me join!

Should also mention I am not sure I want to play 4 full rounds on each course. We have online tournies in PG and I am playing lots of rounds there, also pairups and other team rounds and they must come first.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

My 3rd round. I installed the HD patch from day 1 which makes this old beloved game looks beautiful, but the grid starts showing one meter in front of the ball sometimes and that makes it harder bc of how important sidehills lie are. Not complaining, I like it and I think it makes it less predictable.
Attachments
Lone Star Park 3nd - Goran.round
(29.73 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

can you set the grid size to custom to get it out of way?