JN6 Group Design

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: JN6 Group Design

Post by Sundance »

Guys, help me out here. We need a name for our course so I can start working on the folder. We need a name first and then some more sounds and objects second. Thanks!!
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

The Links at Caledonia.
Some may know Caledonia is old name for Scotland.

I think my suggestion for our last group design should disqualify me.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Galen_Golf4676 wrote: October 15th, 2022, 9:31 am The Links at Caledonia.
Some may know Caledonia is old name for Scotland.

I think my suggestion for our last group design should disqualify me.
LOL. Galen, don't remember your suggestion but your comment got a chuckle. Perhaps you should share it........
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

I believe it was for the Corona Cove design we did during the pandemic. Can't remember exactly my course name suggestion but it was not well received. :laugh:
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Galen_Golf4676 wrote: October 16th, 2022, 8:26 am I believe it was for the Corona Cove design we did during the pandemic. Can't remember exactly my course name suggestion but it was not well received. :laugh:
If it's any consolation I don't remember the suggestion at all. 0:)
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Currently working on the .ini file. Collected all the donated objects and sounds and am cleaning up some of the images and all the 't' files so you can view them. A lot of the objects were name the same so it's a process and will take a little time.

Charlie, was looking at your pics in the object folder you sent and I don't think I got all of the textures. Could you send me all of the heavy rough textures you created or the ones that blend into the horizon. Thanks!!
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

If wanting a name with french flair to reflect the historic connection between France and Scotland upon a time:

Golf de L’herbe Sauvage
(Wild Grass Golf Club)

- or -

Golf de L’herbe Sauvage Calédonienne
(Calodonian Wild Grass Golf Club)

- or -

Golf de L’herbe Sauvage Écossienne
(Scottish Wild Grass Golf Club)
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

tarheel wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:47 pm If wanting a name with french flair to reflect the historic connection between France and Scotland upon a time:

Golf de L’herbe Sauvage
(Wild Grass Golf Club)

- or -

Golf de L’herbe Sauvage Calédonienne
(Calodonian Wild Grass Golf Club)

- or -

Golf de L’herbe Sauvage Écossienne
(Scottish Wild Grass Golf Club)
Brad, I think we decided on 'Alainn Tr'aigh Links' which means Beautiful Beach. Have to laugh everytime I mention the course name I have to double check the damn spelling!!! Brad Lanagan suggested and honestly there wasn't too much interest in the name which is appropriate. I don't mean to downplay the name but it is a mouthful. BTW 'Golf de L'herve Sauvage Caledonienne' is a mouthful as well. LOL Long, hard to pronounce names must be a 'Brad' thing!! :)
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

I suggest we call it Alain Traigh Links without apostrophes, There is a real course called Traigh Golf Course, or that would have been my suggestion.

Here is a link to all holes for inspiration;
https://www.traighgolf.co.uk/course-guide
Last edited by Goran on October 21st, 2022, 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Links courses are obviously built on sandy soil close to the ocean, and that combined with strong winds means no trees. But the area between the links and the farm land can grow pines and birch. They are not like the majestic trees inland, but much smaller.
So if we want to we can have trees away from the ocean on our course too, they often grow together in small numbers.
I told Steve I will put together a package with a few trees we can use, so he can set them in the ini file with the right size.
I thought I had them in a specific course folder I was working on way back but they are not to be found there. Will upload something in a few days, will have to load some old files in the designer and see.