JN6 Group Design

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: JN6 Group Design

Post by Sundance »

Update:
Ok, here we go with the new tally:
Seaside Town 1
Northumbria 1
Links 3 1
Fish Scottish 1
The Castle 1

Keep em' coming guys and Thanks!!!
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

Links 3 for me.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Update:
Seaside Town 1
Northumbria 1
Links 3 2
Fish Scottish 1
The Castle 1

Keep em' coming guys and Thanks!!! Out of 14 designers we only have 6 votes. C'mon guys!!
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Just wanted to mention there will be a sharp color clash between the yellow/brown of Links 3 background and if using green grass color. It clearly shows in the screenie posted by Galen.
Links 1 and Links 4 would probably integrate with the course better.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Goran wrote: October 5th, 2022, 10:35 am Just wanted to mention there will be a sharp color clash between the yellow/brown of Links 3 background and if using green grass color. It clearly shows in the screenie posted by Galen.
Links 1 and Links 4 would probably integrate with the course better.
Goran, I agree. Making textures to match the yellow will be very difficult and that will probably fall on me but we don't have a final tally yet. I liked the Castle because I could eliminate some of the water and have more sky which is good for links style. I also liked Links 4 better for a links course but didn't want to vote for one I submitted. Links 4 is your classic scottish BG with cloudy sky, very misty water and rich green grass in BG. Links 3 is a beautiful BG with a stunning sky but it will be a lot of work. I'll see how the votes go and if it looks like Links 3 is going to win then I will try and put together some textures to preview but want to wait until I'm sure. Very good post though and I appreciate your input!!
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

the trouble is we have too many terrific backgrounds to pick from. All of them have their pros and cons. While I voted for Links 3, I am happy to go with whichever one results in the least work in creating textures, objects, etc. This is supposed to be a fun project and shouldn't result in one person (ie. Steve) having to do a mountain of work.

Cheers

Brad
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

BradTheDad wrote: October 5th, 2022, 5:51 pm Hi Guys,

the trouble is we have too many terrific backgrounds to pick from. All of them have their pros and cons. While I voted for Links 3, I am happy to go with whichever one results in the least work in creating textures, objects, etc. This is supposed to be a fun project and shouldn't result in one person (ie. Steve) having to do a mountain of work.

Cheers

Brad
Thanks Brad, though I don't really mind the work. Tomorrow I will post a revised Links 3 that I'm in the process of adapting. My goal is to reduce the yellow hue to a more brown (dirt) shade and also to make the water/land smaller or the sky larger depending on your perspective. LOL Should be done tomorrow if Links 3 is the favorite by vote . We still have a few that haven't voted/re-voted. Thanks Guys for your patience.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Here's a revised image of Links 3. The yellow has been converted to a brown (dirt) shade which would be much easier to create textures for and it's also a smaller perspective (more sky). Did my best to maintain the sky and water which I think made this a good image. Two have voted for links 3 which is now newcopy7copy and this may or may not change their mind. Thanks.Image
Attachments
newcopy7 copy.jpg
(614.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Links 3 now looks very nice after the rework, it gets my vote also.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Goran wrote: October 6th, 2022, 7:44 am Links 3 now looks very nice after the rework, it gets my vote also.
Thanks Goran.

Update:
Seaside Town 1
Northumbria 1
Links 3 3
Fish Scottish 1
The Castle 1

Keep em' coming guys and Thanks!!! Out of 14 designers we only have 7 votes. C'mon guys!!