So close it started to get annoying

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: So close it started to get annoying

Post by tincup »

Typing in YAY befor you hit will make the golfer fly.

Also, if you type in YAY and chip into water, the golfer will fly into the water and then a creature with big eyes will rise out of the water for about a second and look at you before going back under.

Dar
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Thanks Dar - is the creature a guy with a diving suit on or is that another easter egg? Thanks Indy, did not know that you could do that on any course - guess I discovered it on CDA. I think I got the idea from the old Tee Box website. Anybody here remember that site? I loved it!
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Thanks dar, I had forgotten the "YAY" thingie, I haven't used it in so long. "bill...shack" is pretty easy to remember!
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

One of my team mates bagged an actual double eagle the other day. 530 yard par 5, downhill, and knocks his second shot in the cup. Couldn't believe it.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

So does anybody know anything about the diver appearing on CDA??? It is not the creature that Dar mentioned, but it is a guy in goldish diving regalia that comes up out of the water when you type in a code and hit it in the water on one of the holes on the back nine maybe? I knew about it back in the Course Depot, Tee Box days but have forgotten how to do it. Anybody???

Oh, by the way, I don't want to hijack my own thread so just an update - my golf game has gone south and now is pretty much back to normal. The last 2 rounds of PGA 2000 I have played I have ended up over par for the round and the closest I got to a hole in one was when I threw my shoe at the wall and it bounced off and landed in the wastebasket :laugh: Guess that sums up my play of late :) It would appear that like the eclipse, my time to get an ace won't come around again for awhile.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I thought that the "thing" coming out of the water was supposed to be the Creature from the Black Lagoon. I guess it's whatever you want it to be. :)

Sand, you never know when that elusive ace is going to happen. That game I mentioned where I got my first ace at CDA I ended up shooting about 10 over. That's when I learned about reporting losses on Case's Ladder!
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

No my bad - I'm saying that I did as Dar suggested and that creature is NOT the thing that happens at CDA - it is another easter egg occurence that is unique to that course.

Thanks for the encouragement - at least I was playing at Bogey Hills and had an excuse :laugh:
moodybluer
Weekend Duffer

Post by moodybluer »

Sorry it's a few years late, but I have this information for the flying golfer easter egg:

Start PGA Championship Golf 2000.
Before teeing off on the first tee, type
BILLMURRAYCADDYHACK on the keyboard (note caddyhack, not caddyshack)

Reselect your club if desire, as it will have shifted to a lob wedge.

Hit the shot.

Enjoy!

I don't have who posted the tip.
Waugh
Range Rookie

Post by Waugh »

SteveHorn wrote:WHATS A HOLE IN ONE? Oh yeah I remember getting best fat burner for belly fat in one of those. Been ages it seems.
I've never gotten one. :(