Season mode after round one help

Help with questions or problems.
jhs
Novice

Season mode after round one help

Post by jhs »

Hi all,

Just got back to playing PGA championship golf 2000 after a long time and I love the game. Anyway, I designed some courses and entered them into a custom offline season for myself. I also downloaded the set of 2014 PGA tour players list from this site and added my custom golfer and that list to the players list for the first event of my season. I can play through one round of the 4 round tournament without any problems but then when it comes time to start round 2 I can't add my custom golfer to the player list. I can only add the " Pro Tour" ( even though I never added them into the list to begin with) and the PGA tour list. Any idea? This happens every time I use a course I designed but not always if I use a course that came with the game.

Thanks any help is much appreciated.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Season mode after round one help

Post by SteveHorn »

jhs! I never add my player to a list and I'm unable to do so through the regular PGA in game menu to my World Tour Pro's list. If I add my player to a list through the Sierra/PGA2000/players list on my hard drive my player will not show up in the PGA2000 who's playing available list to add to the who's playing selected list. See if your player is somewhere in your Sierra/PGA2000/players folder and move him off any list but keep him in the players folder. He should then be available in the "who's playing section in the game on the left side "available" list, unless he didn't make any cuts or other eligibility requirements selected when creating your tournament in season mode. I have had my player disappear off the available list this way before. If your list is just created I think you can accidently add your player to a list but then this problem can occur. Hope this helps
jhs
Novice

Post by jhs »

Hi- Thanks for teh reply. I should have been clearer. My players is not added to the list, he is separate from the PGA tour list. No matter what I do, I can't get past playing one round and still be able to add my custom golfer into the who's playing list for round 2. His name is darkened. I also use the default tri-click guy and the same thing happens. I'm very confused why this is happening.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

jhs! Not sure why this is happening. I've never had that problem. If you just started the season and it's your first event I would do a system restore to before this happened. Then when in the create a season and tournaments section make sure you have all 4 rounds of 18 holes with sudden death only checked in round 4. Or just start over and create a new season without a system restore and delete any other events in your current season. Also be careful about adding your cuts if wanted and after which rounds you add a cut and what the cut is as far as number of strokes behind and how many players can advance. My World Tour has 2 cuts. One after the 2nd round (within 10 strokes of leader and top 70 and ties) and after the 3rd round (within 7 strokes and top 70 and ties) for most but not all events. I don't mess with the eligibility button. Best to leave it blank.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Did you complete the first round would be my first question. If you withdrew (quit) during the round it makes your player ineligible. Second, did you make sure the cut was after the second round? The first time I set up a season I made the mistake on a few events of putting the cut after the 1st round. Make sure you click on the second round info when you put your cut in.

I never put my player in the tourney players list either, I always kept it separate and entered it individually as you seem to be doing.

Some of the season players (human) say that you can save a tourney game in progress and return to it later. I never had any luck with that; once out I was out, period.

One other thing you can try. Set up a separate season and just put in the course that's giving you problems. Don't put in any cuts, just your rounds. If you can't play round 2+ then maybe the problem is with the course.
jhs
Novice

Post by jhs »

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I still can't get this to work. I have created a new season, gotten rid of the cut entirely, tried on multiple courses and still nothing works. Every time my user controlled players are never eligible for the second round and beyond of a multi round tournament. I've even led after round one and still been ineligible for the second round.

I'm running the game in administrator mode and still this is happening. It's very odd. Any ideas?

On the good news front I think I'll be releasing some of my new courses sometime soon.
smarshallt
Weekend Duffer

Post by smarshallt »

I read a reference earlier in this post that some players can save a season tourney round and return to finish it later. Is this possible? When I tried to exit a round (couldn't finish the 18 holes in one sitting) I was disqualified.

Thanks,