Kruger National Golf Links

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Kruger National Golf Links

Post by SteveHorn »

Duncan! After close study of your screen shot I think I finally figured out your 5 visable holes (3 flag sticks). Looks great as usual. I was wondering about the course yardage and par?
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Hope that's a pub down there on the left Dunc, just wandering around here gets me parched! That's the whole point of golf though innit, your design is achieving its purpose while looking splendid at the same time!
May the only balls you slice be your own
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Yeah - you'll need plenty of water, sun cream and an elephant gun - just in case... ;)

Don't know why we don't share more video on GSC... Tee shot at the 5th - "Crocodile Rock" http://www.dropshots.com/duncanm/date/2 ... 8/14:19:35
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Great way to look around a great course there, Dunc! Hope you parred that from only 31inches :) Might take a look at how to load one up myself but then these things usually defeat me early on.
May the only balls you slice be your own
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

STUNNING Duncan.... Cant wait to see this one
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Totally ground to a halt on this I'm afraid guys. Work and young family continues to take up 100% of my time and really can't imagine getting this over the line.

- It has a custom library including new textures / pano and custom objects hippos / crocodiles / sprinkboks / lions etc.
- All 18 are designed and 95% done including bunkering etc.
- All that is left is planting on a few holes and globally in bare spots + playtesting
- There are a few borderline greens that probably need to calmed down after playtesting
- It is designed to reward strategy and course management, whilst test and teasing the 'bombers' out there

Any expert planters / playtesters out there fancy getting this one polished and live let me know.

Fave hole is the 10th a sort of reverse 10th@Riviera - its a driveable par 4 but a tough birdie whether you go for the green or lay up
download/file.php?id=548

PM me if interested!

Thanks
Duncan (LL)
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

@ Steve Horn, Are you still working on this Steve and if so how close to completion?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I hope to motivate myself to work on it again. It turned into more of a project then I thought. Ran into several problems that took a lot of time to try and fix with no results that helped. Still wouldn't compile so had to start from scratch with planting. Got a few holes replanted then needed a break from the game which happens every once in awhile. Also had a lot of computer problems at the time and a switch to windows 10 didn't help. Then I got a lot more on my plate and it got put aside. Winter may change things and free up more time. Hope this made since kind of rambling.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Thanks for the explanation. I hope things go better. I have a course that is 90% done. I will finish it when winter comes and work slows down.