Green sky wrinkled paper

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Re: Green sky wrinkled paper

Post by Terry Grayson »

DC

Im sorry I just happened upon this.... No sir I never got that problem at all while working on this one.... I haven't read every response, but I could go back to the last spot you were working on before you saw this, Draw a very large circle around that area and drop it.... I would pick up all the shapes within this and then do a simple smooth a couple clicks on that original shape you drew and dropped then optimize at a minimum setting.. Redrop everything

Ive also had this happen before on a simple shape, and inflating it or deflating it an inch or two fixed it...

Hope you've got it figured out, I was interested to see how you've done with this plot....

If I reposted what someone already has I apologize :)

Terry
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

DC - did you get sorted here?

Some great potential fixes already mentioned here.

I've had times when even these haven't resolved the problem you're seeing. In those cases my last resort is to pick up all shapes on the hole, put a larger ring around the hole - make a few low level smooths, optimise one from the left, and then drop all shapes again and rebuild bunkers / bunker lips / green elevations. Slightly depressing rework effort, but I've usually find that works.

GL mate.

Cheers,
D
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Thanks for all the help. I got frustrated when I got all the brown wrapping paper. I took about a month break from it. I was working on another course that is about 75% done. How many of you remember the RDW course contest? Well I'm not the fastest designer and never finished it for the contest. I found it on my external hard drive a little over a year ago and have been working on RDW course and on the desert course Terry gave me. I have recently started dropping shapes around holes and pick-up and optimize as the suggestions here stated. I'll let you know how things come out.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Hey DC

If you'd like... Ive reinstalled everything, if you want to send where you got too on the Desert Course I sent you, Ill try and recreate and or fix the issue you've been having

Be happy to give it a go for you

Terry
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Thanks Terry, 2 heads are always better than 1. I've been working on that problem today and found it goes back about 5 versions that I saved as desert course 1,2,3... So which one do you want to look at, the version when I think it first started or the current version? Let me know.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Current will be fine bud I'll see what I can do with it :)
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Actually send both when it started and current I'll work between them and see what I can come up with
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

OK, I'll zip em and post.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I've PM'ed both of you the links.
DC#1
Tour Contender