Muirfield 2013 by Polslad [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Muirfield 2013 by Polslad [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: Muirfield 2013 (19.3 MB)
Type: Real, Links
Designer: Polslad
Date: 11/2/2013
Libraries Used: darnoch, northamerican, scotlandspring, turnberry_lib
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Re: Muirfield 2013 by Polslad [New Course]

Post by stillgolfing »

Anybody else have this problem? Got a "PGA2000 has terminated abnormally" message on #9, when Aniplayer hit shot to center of fwy. Continue feature replays anis shot, but game continues to crash as previous. Went back and played 2011 version with no problems.
Thanks Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

This happened to me once or twice when play testing, althought not every time. I just came out and re-started my round.
I recall the original doing the same, something Terry fixed on the original plot, on which this rendition is based.
I have no idea how to fix the issue, and hope it doesn't impact too much, a lot of work went ito the course, I would hate to think it spoiled.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Polslad;
When you state you just restarted the round, do you mean play over from hole #1?
If so, did this resolve the issue? That is, you were able to play past the previous error spot without a problem?
Thanks, Dave
Last edited by stillgolfing on November 12th, 2013, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Yeah,
I had that issue maybe 2/3 times in 50 rounds.
Don't know if it will affect tournament rounds.
I just restarted my round and played from my previous divots!
Thinking on, I got it on hole 5, not 9.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Polslad;
As a late comer to the site, I've been working my way through the various (mostly new or recommended) courses. I have maybe encountered that error message 5 times in about 200 rounds. The unusual thing in this circumstance, was the program did not recover and let me play on in the normal manner. It restarts at the aniplayer's tee shot on #9 as expected, he hits the shot again, and it ends up in the center of the fairway, but then (again) it crashes when attempting to redraw for the next player's shot. Prior to this crash instance, on this course, PGA2000 always recovered after I restarted the program and allowed me to play on past the previous glitch. That's what is unusual about this error. PGA2000 recovers the game, but can't render past the problem area. I was just curious, have you encountered both these situations (recovered as expected and also recovered to repeat crash)?
Cheers, Dave
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Played here under tournament conditions and the crash happened to me.
Can't get passed the 9th hole.
Don't know whats wrong, nor can I fix it as I don't have the land plot any more.
Shame.Lot of work went into that one.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I've had several course's through the years that crash at certain small areas of a given course. Usually have to restart the round from the beginning and hope that I don't find myself in that small area again. Also had Fishers Island crash on me on hole #9 when I hit it behind the green. Getting ready for a second go at it.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

You have me thinking now Steve, is there something wrong with my PC that is leaving my courses corrupt?
Haven't read any report of Elysium crashing, so perhaps not.
I have the game crash on me regulary, a simple restart normally fixes it.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

David! Played a full round in skins game at Fishers Island last night and an AI player had his shot roll off the back of #9 with no problems. My shot that made the course crash was a few yards further to the right and it crashed the previous round. Have no idea what makes this happen once in a while but it's not just your course's.