Next Project ...... perhaps?

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Next Project ...... perhaps?

Post by Polslad »

Like the look of this one.
Read a lot about it.
10 points to first person to identify it.
Attachments
01.jpg
(74.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
02.jpg
(75.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Re: Next Project ...... perhaps?

Post by Polslad »

Couple more
Attachments
03.jpg
(52.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
04.jpg
(43.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Last two.
Attachments
05.jpg
(131.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
06.jpg
(48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

David! I'm not sure but I'd say it's either Fota Island Resort (Irish Open) or maybe Kiawah Island (2012 PGA Championship)
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

well I can't see a supermarket trolley or owld rusty pram in the lake .... so it can't be anywhere I've ever played like Ellesmere Port Municipal
May the only balls you slice be your own
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

None of the above, although I have played Ellesmere Port Municipal.
Gone up market now Pye, they have Marks & Spencer trolleys instead of Asda.
brandyyy67
Range Rookie

Post by brandyyy67 »

fishers island golf club....wonderfull choice of a great club all the best in creating this great course
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Good sleuthin work there brandy, no amount of googlin would find it for me. Looks like you'll have much rewarding design time bringing it to life Pols.
Actually quite enjoyed thrashing around at the Port, as my pard used to work up that way and it was convenient (and cheap). Also surprisingly well designed considering what it was, very playable in a poor man's Augusta kind of way and we'd use such imagination while playing through the flapping wind strewn kwiksave plastic bags, caught in the thorny wild hawthorn bushes, to regard such noise as gallery rattle - the odd abandoned bike frame as clever hazard placement by some jobsworth local counciller, as he revelled in his new pay-raise appointment as the council's Trent Jones.
If memory serves, Brian designed a quite sparse, municipal course some time back now whose feel was eerily close to this type of everyman's golfing. He took a little blending-related heat for it as I recall, but I thought it's superb realism made it one of the best designs ever done here.
Perhaps the only way these well-intentioned but increasingly neglected and over-used tracks such as Ellesemere Port will ever blossom, might be by some of the capable hands here in our PGA world.
May the only balls you slice be your own
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Hey Pye, yeah I think you are thinking of Pagoda. That was my attempt anyway to create a really low budget course that really existed around here but went out of business. It was based on the real routing but I wanted to make something fun and unique out of it with my own fictional green sites and fun contours to give it interest while still keeping the low budget look and feel. I don't know that it went over real well but that's OK. I still had some fun playing with it and if that's the one you're talking about then glad you did too.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Polslad, if you want I can make a plot with the general elevations of this course like we had talked about a while back. Let me know.