Crescent Hills by Doron Cook (Bryce) [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Crescent Hills by Doron Cook (Bryce) [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: Crescent Hills (14.1 MB)
Type: Fictional, Parkland
Designer: Doron Cook (Bryce)
Date: 11/4/2012
Libraries Used: arrowheadgc, barrenhills, bullock_run, cliffs, coosbay, coosbayblend, pinevalley, yarrayarra
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Re: Crescent Hills by Doron Cook (Bryce) [New Course]

Post by hookster »

Played it a couple days ago with the guys. Enjoyed it very much. Just enough challenge to keep these heavy hitters on their best game. Keep em coming guys.
Homer
Range Rookie

Post by Homer »

hey Bryce
....just downloaded ,and played your course last Sunday 11/4.
the course played very fair and also challenging. i sure enjoyed
it, and wanted you to know i sure appreciate the hard work
you put into this course.

thanks Doron
Jim (Homer)
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Thank you Hookster and Homer for taking the time to give your thoughts. I appreciate the comments, and I'm glad you both find it enjoyable.

thank you
Doron
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Bryce,
I just wanted to say thanks for your latest contribution to our course inventory. Nice course. I was in that game hookster spoke of above. Unfortunately, I was on the receiving end of a butt kicking... lol. The overall opinion from those in the game is that the course well deserves A-List status.

Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Thanks Dar! I imagine you guys ate the place up. I hope it provided a little challenge.

Glad you guys like it!

Doron
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

I finally got a chance to sit down and play the course a few times - albeit solo. Maybe that was the reason I scored well - no pressure :laugh:

What I liked:
This course is well done in the texture and plantings area. Very, very nice - seems like you got the grass thing and the underbrush thing right. As always, Doron gives us a layout that is fun and creative to play! I was impressed to say the least.

What left me wondering:
I scored well here and did not expect to. I wonder if you set some of the pin positions easier than others? It seems I got the right wind and the right roll when I needed to. Still I think after a few more rounds, I might see a different story - plenty of options here to keep me interested and challenged though that is for sure.

Overall:
I love it! I have nothing critical to say about it in fact. Thanks so much for the course - each one you put out seems better than the last one. I loved Gunpowder Bay and Twisted Realm is a favorite of ours but this one is superior to them both. Thanks again - appreciate all that you do for our community. Check it out folks and see if you do not agree - definitely a keeper!
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Thanks Sandwedge! I did have some pins that the greens will feed to, but I also have some that are on slopes at the edges of the greens that will take your chance at par away. You must have avoided those! Im glad you like it :D

Just out of curiousity, has anyone tried to drive #6 (the 'driveable' par 5)?

Doron
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

I have not yet attempted it - was more interested in examining the layout and design the times I played it. I did not birdie the hole either time if I remember correctly - played it normal I believe. I commented before, it is the kind of hole that I enjoy because you have the option if you can get up the courage :laugh:

Maybe because you had the courage to design such a hole, we will see some others be sparked creatively. Seems like we have a need for some more creative strategic elements in the courses that are being designed - not options that punish necessarily but ones that are just too much fun to resist giving it a go. How about placing a rock in a key location so that if you hit it right you end up with an easy putt or a much longer drive???

My golf game is a little creative in real life - if you scramble your way around the course as much as I do you really have no choice :laugh: We need that element in cyber golf as well - it is what makes the game more fun because you can pull off an incredible shot with a little ingenuity. Like the road shot Hookster hit in one of Luke Phillip's designs a while back - that is what makes a course have lasting value to the average player - being able to give it a go. I don't know - outside of the box but not unrealistic is a hard balance to find. It is an area to this point that you have shined in.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Well done, Bryce!

I like the course a lot. It's definitely getting me thinking about opening up the architect again.

I'm not sure how I like the 6th. I think the trying to go for it in 2 from the fairway is more fun, as it's so short, you can't help but think, I got to go for it. However, missing is disastrous. I like the fact that greens seem to be multidimensional, with right and wrong places to hit the green. I think, in general, we need to build bigger greens in the game. It should be about hitting the right part of the green for the right pin. This course captures that well.

Plus, it's fun to watch the ball fly for so far off those tees. Spin a driver like a wedge, lol.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.