Muirfield Village 2011 by Steve Horn [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Muirfield Village 2011 by Steve Horn [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: Muirfield Village 2011 (14.8 MB)
Type: Real, Wooded-Stadium
Designer: Steve Horn
Date: 5/3/2011
Libraries Used: augusta2001, baltursol, barrenhills, barrenhills, bullock_run, DSTour, houses1, inlandheath, murfield_village, northamerican, pebblebeach, scottsdaletextures, southwind_2010, thelegacy
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Muirfield Village 2011 by Steve Horn [New Course]

Post by SteveHorn »

This version of Muirfield Village is of how it is TODAY. My first realeases were a retro pre 2000 version when it was a very heavy wooded course. It still has plenty of trees even tough hundreds have been removed. All the holes got touched up in some manner. The textures have changed but I still used the fantastic Bullock Run Pano. Although some holes may look vertually the same many are different enough that I wanted to make this version for the up coming Presidents Cup in 2013. Also you will get the 1st look and play of #16 even before the pros. #15 tee is back so hitting a driver is almost a must if you want to reach the top of the hill. Hope you all enjoy this newest version of this classic course which is about 13 miles from my house.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Jack Nicklaus tinkers with this course all the time.
It is constantly changing.
Stan
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Good job on the course Steve. I love the look of the textures and planting, very natural looking.

Now no knock against your version or the job you've done which are excellent, but I have to wonder what Jack is thinking in clearing away so many trees? This course now reminds me of the time when my husband went to get his haircut and beard trimmed and came home clean shaven... I mean naked face... eww. Jack has cleared away so many trees that the course IMO has lost its character and challenge. You used to have to really think about where you put your ball or you'd find at least one tree one front of you, if not several. Now it plays (here) like a muni course. It's NOT your rendition that's bad, but the tourney edition is a lot more fun and challenging.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Indy! It took me awhile to get used to what Jack was doing. Thats why I originally made the more heavily wooded slightly darker pre 2000 Tournament version. I've finally have gotten to really like todays look. You can still find plenty of tree trouble on #2 far left side of fairway may have approach problems because of trees. Also #5 with a shortish drive, #9 off the tee placement critical. Also #11 a draw almost a must because of trees on left of tee and #15 far left side of fairway can be blocking your view and shot with trees. Thanks for the comments
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Steve,

I like this version better than the tournament one you posted earlier. I decided to keep this one and delete the other. I appreciate the update to the course's current condition - it is kind of neat knowing I am playing the same course as the PGA guys are. I really enjoy your work - have all of your courses at the moment. Thanks so much! :)
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Sandwedge! WOW Thanks for the comment. You having all my courses suprises me because althought I like them all some of the early ones still need that touch I did'nt use to have. :D
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Great job Steve! One of my favorite courses that the PGA guys play every year, and now an updated version.
gova
Chronic Slicer

Post by gova »

Hi Steve,

I also enjoyed this updated version and loved the look and challenge of the course.

Thanks
Brian