Contest course upload

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Contest course upload

Post by A Brandt »

So I think I have finished my course and am ready to upload it. Is there anything special I should do when it's uploaded besides the usual stuff? Also, are we waiting until all courses are submitted before anyone can play them? I'm gonna run through a few more test rounds, but I should have it ready this weekend.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Contest course upload

Post by tincup »

Adam,

I suggest you go ahead and upload the course. We can use it as a test of our new uploading process to see if there are any glitches.

We can put it on the server, but will not make it available for download until all entries are submitted.... Only fair I think.

Dar
Robert@
Shotmaker

Post by Robert@ »

I say go ahead and post the course for play. Dont wait. It will serve two purposes that way. One it will give the others the incentive to finsh there courses and get them played along with getting them a good look over before judging begins. And two reward Adam for finishing his first by having his course more time then any others to be judged,and an opportunity to make any changes needed before the deadline.( I didnt see anything in the rules I believe that says changes couldnt be made once a course is uploaded,as long as it isnt after the deadline)

When all courses are posted at one time,they may not be examined as well as they could be,spreading them out will give all courses a fair look, with more rounds played on them before the time it is to be judged and voted on.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

With the deadline being Christmas, maybe we should re-set the date to either a few days before or after to ensure everyone is spending time with their families instead of tweaking their courses! Christmas is on a Saturday, so maybe we could do December 23, or December 28-31 anytime......just suggestions.

I don't know if Adam would want his course released to us earlier because he may not want anyone to see his final work.

Adam, your idea for the theory for 2 holes of our course is meant for our course notes or the forums???
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I already put 2 holes of theory on my course notes Hole By Hole info. Unless we put some pictures on the forum with your design theory they would be somewhat meaningless. I'm still tring to figure out how to use some of the current programs that I have that I'm not used to too post pictures. I don't have alot of time right now to worry about how to use them to post a picture of my course on this forum.

As far as the deadline Christmas was the very last day of the 19th week of the deadline. If anyone needs more time I've got no problem with that, but I don't like the last minute thought of giving anyone less time even if it's just a few days.

Adam! way to go being the 1st one done. I'm getting very close just keeping my fingers crossed that my computer can handle it without crashing when I compress the finished version.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Robert@ wrote:I say go ahead and post the course for play. Dont wait. It will serve two purposes that way. One it will give the others the incentive to finsh there courses and get them played along with getting them a good look over before judging begins. And two reward Adam for finishing his first by having his course more time then any others to be judged,and an opportunity to make any changes needed before the deadline.( I didnt see anything in the rules I believe that says changes couldnt be made once a course is uploaded,as long as it isnt after the deadline)

When all courses are posted at one time,they may not be examined as well as they could be,spreading them out will give all courses a fair look, with more rounds played on them before the time it is to be judged and voted on.
I will go with whatever you guys decide on timing of release... it is not my call.
Dar
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

bryce wrote:
Adam, your idea for the theory for 2 holes of our course is meant for our course notes or the forums???
It should be included with the course notes.

As far as allowing the courses to be played before the deadine, I think it's wrong. I feel as though everyone should have equal time for their courses to be judged. Also, I don't think it would be fair to have people playing rounds and offering C & C to the designer before the deadline. Any and all changes should be completed before uploading. Only fair I think.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

Ok, I think I uploaded everything. There should be a compressed course file and 3 library files. Wasn't sure if I should compress the libraries with the course file. Also, I didn't know if I should send an email to either Dar or Brian. I don't have either of your addresses anyway :)

Uploader seems to work ok, but takes an awful long time. Let me know if you got everything or if there are any problems.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

E-mail Dar. Click the e-mail link on the upload page, it should open a new message with Dar's address.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

A Brandt wrote:Ok, I think I uploaded everything. There should be a compressed course file and 3 library files. Wasn't sure if I should compress the libraries with the course file. Also, I didn't know if I should send an email to either Dar or Brian. I don't have either of your addresses anyway :)

Uploader seems to work ok, but takes an awful long time. Let me know if you got everything or if there are any problems.
Adam,
I got the three libraries, but the course file is not out there. :confused: Give it another try.
Dar