Royal Lytham & St Annes by Polslad [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Royal Lytham & St Annes by Polslad [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: Royal Lytham & St Annes (20.7 MB)
Type: Real, Links
Designer: Polslad
Date: 4/26/2011
Libraries Used: gleneagle_lib, gleneagle_blends, Liverpool, turnberry_lib, woodfordpark
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Re: Royal Lytham & St Annes by Polslad [New Course]

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Another "A" Lister from the Master. :up:
Well worth keeping in your hard drive.
Polslad never disappoints. Thanks, Pols
Stan
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Loved it! Those Gleneagle libs are already getting alot of usage, and fittingly so. The textures looked wonderful together. Polslad has mastered the crowds, they look just like they do on television. Another definite keeper and I think with this one, we may have all of the Open Championship courses in the rotation.

Thank you David!!! :up:
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I can't add much. Poppy and I played 18 on easy conditions but will have to go back with some serious wind and fast greens.
I love the color... colours... of this course, a beautiful blending of greens and browns. The rough is just that, sticky and tough to get out of. The bunkers with the weed lips are very tough also. Keep it on the fairway and greens or you'll pay a price for mishitting.
Excellent job, beautiful rendition, Polslad.

So, what's next? (You think we're going to let you rest... I don't think so!) :bg:
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Post by Craigus10 »

Looks great David.

I don't have a lot more to add than what everyone else has said. I really like the way the bunkers look and turned out on the course. The crowd also looks great. It really looks like it does on a TV coverage.

Thanks for the work on the course.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Thanks so much David - fantastic course :)
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Six of us played a spirited front 9 last night. The game setter chickened out and set Normal greens, which tended to help scores.

I would call this course "Lush Links". You know it is links, but there are lots trees (not in play) and eye candy to affect the view. The large number of deep bunkers make you think about ball placement on every hole. Get a little sloppy, and you get a wake up call.

I made the mistake of getting into one of the bomb craters... er... bunkers next to the green on one of the holes. I tried to hit out and buried it in the wall. Ended up having to drop and carded a nifty double bogey :mad:

All in all, a very nice course. Everyone enjoyed the round. The tri-clicking assassins picked it apart and scored low medal at -8. The other scores ranged from -7 to -4. So you can score on it, but you need to stay in the shortgrass all the time.

I really want to see what happens when we play the course of dry or VD and gusty or strong. That should slow those guys down a bit.

Very nice course Pols. Keep em coming :up:

Dar
gova
Chronic Slicer

Post by gova »

Hi David,

An excellent rendition which looked and played well.

Thanks for sharing this contribution and it helped that I found the course player friendly, as long as you stayed out of the bunkers. hehehe

Cheers
Brian
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

David! VERY NICE WORK. Do you know if Winston Churchill had a secret deal with Hermann Goering to have the German Luftwaffe bomb that area once instead of London during the Blitz? ;)
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

SteveHorn wrote:David! VERY NICE WORK. Do you know if Winston Churchill had a secret deal with Hermann Goering to have the German Luftwaffe bomb that area once instead of London during the Blitz? ;)
Ah! So that is where all the bunkers came from... :laugh:

Dar