US Open 2014

Discuss real golf.
bryce
Legend of Golf

US Open 2014

Post by bryce »

Pinehurst is only about a 2.5 hour drive for me, and luckily I have good connections! I was given a ticket to go on Friday and watch these guys play. Honestly, I have been in airports with LESS security checks to get in. We had to trek back to the car to put our phones up. Could not even posses them inside the gate. I did not even get to take a picture of the Payne Stewart statue that sits in front of the clubhouse. Such a shame.

After about 9 hours of walking around in 90+ degree temperatures, I don't know if I will go next week to the Women's Open yet. As much as I am in love with Paula Creamer :eek: , it was just too hot!

Doron
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: US Open 2014

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! If you've never watched an LPGA event GO. I went when the LPGA had a tournament at Tartan Fields only about a mile from Muirfield Village about 7 years ago. Had a nice time and they are real good players. I'm a Paula Creamer fan also and there's plenty of other eye candy out there. Tartan Fields (modern links style that I thought was awesome) is so different from Muirfield Village its hard to believe they're neighbors.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: US Open 2014

Post by bryce »

Steve, I think we are going on Tuesday, so we can take pictures! :) I don't know that the women will be able to break par at this course. Seeing the runoffs in person was crazy! You have to hit the ball really high to get it to stay on these greens, and I know great players like In Bee Park and Stacy Lewis hit everything low. This just might be another Lexi Thopmson/Michelle Wie showdown! It's a perfect setup for them.

Doron