Greater Hickory Classic

Discuss real golf.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Greater Hickory Classic

Post by bryce »

For those of you who keep up with the Champions Tour, this weeks stop is in my hometown of Conover NC. The course is Rock Barn Golf and Spa (Robert T Jones course), however with the massive rain that we had here on July 27, the course now consists of 9 holes on the Jones course and 9 on the Tom Jackson course. The front 9 of the tournament is actually the back 9 of the Jackson course. I played in our annual Marine Toys for Tots tournament on the Jackson course 2 weeks ago, and it is in great shape. The 10th hole, or 1st hole for the seniors is one of my favorite holes anywhere. If you get to watch it on tv, and they actually show the first hole, it is a par 4 for them, but plays as a short par 5 for us:
rockbarn1.jpg
(409.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Notice the bottom right of the pic is the 18th hole of the Jackson course, or the 9th hole for the seniors. One of my teammates, Rick, blasted a drive into those tennis courts while there was a rather large tennis tournament going on at the same time! He was too ashamed to go get his ball :)

Doron
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Greater Hickory Classic

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! Are you going to still make Rock Barn for PGA2000.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: Greater Hickory Classic

Post by bryce »

SteveHorn wrote:Doron! Are you going to still make Rock Barn for PGA2000.
I would like to! There are 2 holes of the Jones course (that the Seniors did not play), that were re built, and I have not seen those holes. I have another project started now.....my first real course that the PGA plays on! I need to make sure I get it finished before they play there early next year.

Doron