Fed-Ex Playoffs

Discuss real golf.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Fed-Ex Playoffs

Post by sandwedge »

Anyone interested this year? Justin Rose at Conway Farms or does another ball striker get it done this week?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Fed-Ex Playoffs

Post by SteveHorn »

Sandwedge! I've said it before and I'll say it again " I'm not a huge fan of the current playoff system" I'll still watch the tournaments but giving 5 times the points for each of these tournaments makes winning other big events earlier (MAJORS)seem trival.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

sandwedge wrote:Anyone interested this year? Justin Rose at Conway Farms or does another ball striker get it done this week?
We have an office pool for the playoffs. We do this for the majors too. I am lucky enough to have draw out Kuchar, Spieth and McIlroy. Rory isn't doing so well, but currently, the other 2 are in the top 10. Still, I have all 3 of my draws alive and 2 are almost locks for the Tour Championship. Conway Farms is a course that hasn't been played on tour before (to my knowledge), so I have no idea what to expect. Tiger is running out of gas, Stenson is there every week, someone seems to be in control of the tournaments the last few weeks, until the final round.

I agree with Steve about the majors not getting enough points, however, I do like the high scores for the placement in the playoffs. Look at the New York Giants a couple of years ago. They barely got into the playoffs, and went on to win the Super Bowl. So why not give a guy a chance that just barely made the playoffs. It makes sense to me, but I wish the majors would give at least 1,000 points to the winners instead of 600.

Doron
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Don't get me wrong guys. I like more points just not 5 times.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Conway Farms is a shot maker's course so it would probably favor a good ball striker that has the ability to adjust on the fly. I think Justin Rose might be that guy. I think I would like having those 3 players that you have Doron in a pool though - those are pretty good odds with the way Spieth and Kuchar have played down the stretch and with Mcilroy having that great potential to put it together when it matters.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Sandwedge, I just found out this morning that out of the 42 people in our pool, I am one of 9 people that still have all of their draws alive. Three people are completely eliminated already!
Doron
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

I think Kuchar is the best bet of the three you have - his putting has to hold up though.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Congrats to Henrik Stenson for taking home the Fed Ex Cup! With a solid year leading up to the playoffs, he took 2 of the 4 playoff events to win it. Just want to add, he is also leading the Race to Dubai points on the Euro tour too! Player of the year on both sides of the Atlantic in my opinion!

Doron
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Henrik played well most of the season but got hot starting with the Scottish Open back in mid July. Since then its been tourny after tourny of top tens with a few wins mixed in. Congrats to Henrik.