2013 Masters

Discuss real golf.
Parrothead
Chronic Slicer

2013 Masters

Post by Parrothead »

I'm hoping Cabrera or one of the Aussies win. For me no canucks to root for, it's been 10 years (time flies) since Weir pulled off his Masters victory.While it would be great to see Tiger actually comeback and win in a major tourney, it can't be this one.While I understand all that has happened in the timeframe, I believe it would have been better for Tiger to dq himself, for signing an incorrect scorecard. If he does happen to pull off the victory, there will be questions/speculation.

Can't help but wonder if the Augusta Rules Committee will be comprised of new members in the near future. ;)

All that aside, there have been some great shots made. Looking to be an interesting afternoon, currently three tied atop the leaderboard at -8, three others three shots back. Tiger five off the lead.

Cheers!
DC#1
Tour Contender

Re: 2013 Masters

Post by DC#1 »

Another great Masters in the record books. All the drama you could hope for. I was happy to see Adam Scott win and erase the memory of last year's Open Championship. The first Aussie to wear a green jacket. Congratulations.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Rumor going around that there was an offer for Adam to go on the American show "The Bachelor". Hmm - isn't the point of those shows to go on to make a name for yourself not go on to tarnish the name you already have? Here's hoping Adam's publicity guy keeps him out of a deal. Glad to see him get the win finally that people will remember.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

THE BACHELOR ! SPARE ME. I think its just a rumer and nothing more. Its my understanding he has a girlfriend anyhow.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I guess there's a new rule that if a penalty doesn't come to your attention until after you sign your card then you just get the penalty and don't get DQed anymore. I think this is probably a good new rule, I always thought DQ was overly harsh for that. So I don't see why Tiger would DQ himself unless he knew about it before he signed his card.

The finish of this year's Masters was great. The raw emotion was on full display with Scott and Cabrera nearly winning on every shot on the last hole and the playoff. Yet the sportsmanship by Cabrera, just see this for the way sports ought to be played. I think he was genuinely happy for Scott and just to have been a part of that incredible moment.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Agreed about Cabrera - happy go lucky guy that seems to be a class act.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

One more comment about this years Masters! I heard Jim Nantz say yesterday the 14 year old amateur from China (can't remember his name) didn't have worse then a bogey and zero 3 putts for his 72 holes played at the Masters. INCREDIBLE