ARGH!

Discuss real golf.
ADC
Tour Contender

ARGH!

Post by ADC »

I am the only person I know who can shoot level par golf for 9 out of 18 holes and STILL end up shooting 88....
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Re: ARGH!

Post by stillgolfing »

No your not! That's good news - right?. :)
A few years ago at the course I was previously a member at, I did it numerous times (over a 2 year period). It was a par 70 course and I could not for the life of me stay consistant. Scores like 34-54 (88) then the next day 55-33 (88), then ocassionally, out of the blue a 40-42 (82) - wow consistant - what happened? The next year I moved, and joined another course where they had a Top 100 (North America) Teaching Pro and decided to take some lessons (800 bucks over 2 years). Finally, I'm consistant. For the past 5 years I have been able to guarantee my playing partners that from the regular men's tees I can shoot 44-44 or 43-45 or 45-43 on most courses. Personally I would like to go back to my inconsistant game, but time marches on. So, at my age, I'm pretty sure that ain't gonna happen. Them's the breaks, I guess?
Cheers, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing