Lucky or Unlucky??

Discuss real golf.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Lucky or Unlucky??

Post by bryce »

My friend Mike and I hosted a golf tournament at River Crest Golf Club (Hickory NC) last weekend to raise some money for a friend at work who has lung cancer, and is now into his treatments. We were able to raise over $1,200 for him, and I'm sure he will need it, since he will be out of work at least until March with his chemo treatments.

The golf tournament itself was interesting. This was the first attempt at hosting a tourny for either of us. We ranked players as 'A', 'B', and 'C' according to their average scores for our teams. The 4 par 3's were set up as one for each ranking and one for everyone. The one for everyone was the 16th at River Crest, about 155 yards downhill. I hit one of the greatest iron shots of my life, literally putting me 2-3 inches from the hole. Mike and I joke around all the time, so I took a pic on my phone and sent it to him! He was about 4 holes behind me, and when he got to the hole, he sent me a pic of his ball in the hole. Yeah right! Come to find out, he really did make his first ace ever. I would have bet everything that nobody would cut me out on that one. He always gets lucky bounces off of everything. I can't complain though, I shot my best round of the year (72) and won the trophy for best individual golfer, as well as the 'A' players closest to the pin.

Mike is my best friend and I'm glad he got his first hole in one. I wish I could have been there to see it, but did he have to do it on a hole that I was guaranteed to win???? :(
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Lucky or Unlucky??

Post by SteveHorn »

WOW! What are the odds of that happening?