Golf vacation

Discuss real golf.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Golf vacation

Post by tincup »

Here is a golf course locator that might be of use in finding courses in CT
http://courses.golf.com/golf-courses/us.html

You can narrow your search by area, type of course, and by max green fees.

Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Tommorrow morning, I will be on my way to Philadelphia! After 2 nights there, it's on to CT. I may possibly have the opportunity to play TPC River Highlands next week. I really, really, really hope so!
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I did not get to play River Highlands, but did play a place called Stanley Golf Course in Newington CT. While I was up there I noticed how the state of CT had their interstate roadsides with some interesting planting, and has given me some inspiration to junk the project I had started a few months ago and start anew!

BTW, I nearly made my first ever double eagle at Stanley GC....I literally had a 4 inch tap in!
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Doron,

Too bad about River Highlands - it certainly is a course worth spending time on! :) I got a double eagle once - saw two fly by me in a protected state park in Virginia. Of course you know my experiences in PGA 2000 with them already :) Glad you are having a good time and some memorable rounds to go with it.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Interstate road signs are making you junk a project, :rolleyes: SAY WHAT?
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

SteveHorn wrote:Interstate road signs are making you junk a project, :rolleyes: SAY WHAT?
LMAO! Not signs, the planting and rock formations next to the road. It's obvious they had to carve the road into the rocks/mountain. It's quite similar to how it was done here in NC, but the trees, bushes, grass, etc is quite different. I'm going to have to study some Wagers courses and Craig Johnson's latest release to get the rocks right.

I could have played River Highlands for $88 (which I would have done), but requires a member to be with us. One of the guys I was with has a friend who is a member, but he could not get off of work to go with us. Oh well, Stanley GC was really nice for $32.50.