The Golf Club and TGC Tours

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
doyley
Range Rookie

The Golf Club and TGC Tours

Post by doyley »

Hi guys,

Nice to see a community still going for PGA 2000 (I still have it installed on my PC too!). I played and was a part of the community back in the 1999-2007 era and remember it fondly. I still recognize a lot of the names here that played back in my day.

The reason I'm posting is because I've moved on to the newest golf game - The Golf Club

Within that game, a couple of us die-hards are creating a series of tours to form a career mode. All the tours will be linked so that you can get promoted to the PGA Tour, earn cards etc. For those of you that like designing courses, the game comes with a course designer as well. There are currently thousands of courses available. Lots of misses, but the ones that are good really stand out. You'll need a PC (or PS4 or XB1) with a video card that supports DirectX 11 to be able to run the game. The developers are very involved in the community and are updating/adding content constantly. We've also got a good sprinkling of PGA alumni within the game as well so you're bound to recognize some of the people there.

If you guys are interested in jumping up to current-gen golf, come by and join up in our community.

We're at www.tgctours.com
doyley
Range Rookie

Re: The Golf Club and TGC Tours

Post by doyley »

MIght as well bump this while I'm here - we kind of blew up and have over 1,500+ playing weekly if any of you want something similar to what Linda used to run back in the day. Cheers!
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Echo what Scott has posted here

I was a die-hard PGA player for years, best golf game in regards to physics of the ball Ive played....

Until now

The Golf Club is an amazing experience and Scott at the crowd at TGC tours run a magnificent site with tourneys, and such.....

Give it a try, great folks over there, a few from back in the PGA days as well like Scott, me, Gabagoo, Pablo etc...

Terry
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Post by hookster »

Hey Terry. Long time bud. So how do we go about getting this game? I also have a question. I have heard that you don`t actually play live with other players. You play against a previously played round. Is this true? I guess the reason I am still at pga 2000 is because we hook up on voice and play live. Unfortunately we have dwindled to 5 players. Any info would be appreciated my old friend. You can even email me at hookster59@yahoo.com Thanks Terry
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Hey Dave

Good to hear from you brother, been way too long...

The newest game version 19 you can play live with others... The game is offered on Playstation, xbox and PC, I play PC bought and purchased on steam .... Someone invites you to an in game party, and sets up a match and away we go...
Played a match last night... we chat using the discord app, and it SO reminds me of back in the day with you dar, cope and the gang... Heck we still use the term I first heard you use about my courses (DOG TRACKS) ha ha so yes you can play live with others, just not "Cross platform" yet... so in other words, I cant play live with someone on Xbox if I am on PC, but there are always those looking for games...

Fella I play with a lot, streams out rounds, others watch the stream talk junk about how we suck... ha ha... Great experience...

Doyley above is an admin on the TGCTours site... they run tours from PGA, Euro, Web, and what they call CC tours for players that havent reached the Pga style level, they choose courses to somewhat match the level of your game
Ive been there since I believe 2015....

the game is hard to learn most think, but once you get the gameplay somewhat learned it is a great experience, hundreds of thousands of courses to play a lot of "dog tracks" but some truly immersive courses as well.. It just keeps getting better
and better...

https://www.tgctours.com/
You can see what all the fuss is about there :) we are about to start our new tour season, also different societies offered to play for fun, always a round to play....

Several of us old Pga'ers are over there.. Doyley, Me, Gabagoo was, Pablo and thousands of others..They run a great site...
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Post by hookster »

Thanks my friend. i will look into it and probably have it by xmas. Will have to hint to my kids lol. By the way what room are you in on discord. I also have discord because I have windows 7 and run a vitrual xp for pga 2000. Most of the few we have left cant get it because discord requires win. 7 or newer. Thanks for the info Terry and hope to see you soon.
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Post by hookster »

Hey Terry do ya have an email? Have a few questions for ya.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

J.J.
Chronic Slicer

Post by J.J. »

Really glad I saw this post a while back. Bought TGC 2019 a few weeks ago and I'm finding it as addictive as I did with PGA 2000 all those years ago. Graphics are simply outstanding and the game play is as close to the real thing as you can get. Only problem I have found so far is the mouse swing result is far from consistent on some courses even if you're consistent with the mouse swing tempo and speed. Stats are a bit hit and miss also but apart from that I'm really enjoying it :)
gova
Chronic Slicer

Post by gova »

I agree that the game is addictive and have great graphics. Frustrating to play because of its unreliability to produce the same result on every course. I have played over 500 rounds on different courses.

The number of courses are prolific every day and with the better ones, I cannot keep up to date on a daily basis.

With virus spreading around I will be playing a lot more and with the release of four PGA2000 courses will attempting to play this game again.

Cheers
Brian