Blew a Tire

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Blew a Tire

Post by tincup »

My right knee has been getting worse over the past couple years and is now very painful to walk on. A recent visit to the bone doc confirmed that it is now "bone on bone". Long story short, I am getting a full knee replacement on Oct 18, 2013. So, I will be out for a while (not sure how long). :shrug: The site will be in the very capable hands of Brian while I am out.

Wish me luck.

Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: Blew a Tire

Post by bryce »

Oh no! I hope it goes well, and wish you a speedy recovery. Hopefully you will not have pain in your knee after this.

Doron
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

We'll pray that everything goes well.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Praying for you here, Dar.
Stan
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

My surgery date has been pushed back to Nov 8, 2013, so I will be around a little longer than I mentioned before.
Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dar Good luck. My left knee is my bad one but not as bad as yours. Keep us informed as to how your doing after the surgery.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Hope the surgery goes well Dar.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Hi gang,
I just went past the two week mark since my total knee replacement surgery. It is going very well.
I was only in the hospital for 2 days. I have in-home physical therapy three days per week for a while. In addition, I am spending 6 hours a day on my CPM machine (continuous passive motion) all the while icing my knee... and I am doing up to two hours a day of knee exercises. It is pretty much a full time job for the first 3-4 weeks. The doc says I should be able to drive in another week or so (although I could now if I had to).

Yesterday, my physical therapist took me off the walker and put me on a cane. I still have a fair amount of pain from the incision (8"), but there is really no pain from the joint itself... and my weight bearing is already better than it was prior to the surgery. I can go up and down stairs with no problem and I have 118 degrees flex in my knee already.

All in all, I am very pleased with the result so far.

My best advice for anyone considering a Knee Replacement... do a lot of exercises ahead of the surgery. I have been exercising about 30 minutes every day for a couple years and it really paid off in my recovery here.

Thanks to all for your prayers and well-wishes... they really do help.

Dar
Kelciejammer
Novice

Post by Kelciejammer »

I'm very glad to hear that you are doing well man. Makes me feel good that you had it done. Your gonna be dancin soon. Kelcie
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Thanks for the update Dar, hope things continue to go well.