greetings pga'ers!!

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
gabagoo
Weekend Duffer

greetings pga'ers!!

Post by gabagoo »

Hi Everyone,

just wanted to drop in and say hi and Merry Christmas.

i have read through some of the posts and i feel pretty bad about Robert and Gail. I will definately be thinking and praying for them.

i used to get emails almost every day from Poppy but they have stopped and i dont know what happened to him.

I have Doron and Terry on facebook. I also started the pga page on FB but have not checked it in some time

I cant say whether I am going to reinstall the game at this point or not. I dont play TW any more either but winter is here and the long nights can get awfully boring.

Just wanted to say hello to all of you and let you know that I have not forgotten any of you......

Happy new year!!!!

Barry aka Gabagoo
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: greetings pga'ers!!

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Hey Gabster!
Merry Christmas back at ya.

Pops is still active on Kali with Jack, Borus, Keith (Clementine) and me almost every afternoon. He stops in here every so often also.

We played one of your courses last week, but darned if I can remember which one. (Update: Cardiff Cliffs.) We were wondering what had become of you. Nothing new on Gail in the past few weeks.
Last edited by Indy Anna Jones on December 27th, 2010, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Hey Gab, it's good to hear from you. I was wondering what happened to you. I'm glad to see you found your way here. Don't be a stranger. You know on those long winter nights if you listen closely you can almost hear that old architect calling. :laugh:
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Yo Gab,
Great to hear from you bud. We still play almost every day in Kali. Anytime we want to play a tough, ego-crushing course, we play one of your courses :eek: :wow: ... lol. You are missed. Get your fannie back here and fire up that architect.

Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Its great to hear from one of the all time great course designers. Reinstall that puppy and get busy with a new Gabagoo classic course.
gabagoo
Weekend Duffer

Post by gabagoo »

I forgot that there was more than one Poppy. I know his first name was Leonard, Poppy 454 or something like that?

I purchased an Optigolf golf simulator. I cant use it at home but I do set it up with a net at work and it is as close to the real deal that I can find. The courses are pretty good visually, but they are limited (8) and they now have 3 new ones but they cost $50 each. You may have seen it advertised on the Golf Channel. You really swing your clubs and plug the unit into your computer. You can set it up through an overhead projector and actually build your own simulator. Unfortunatley it soes not have the capability to be an online game at this point.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Oh okay. Yeh I think there were 3 or 4 Poppy's playing at one time or another. But anyway I told him that you had posted and he was pleased to hear that you were still around. And I agree, it's time for another course bud!! :up: