Super Storm

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Super Storm

Post by bryce »

As we all know here in the U.S., we had a massive storm cell that tore up New York, New Jersey and wreaked havoc all over the east coast. Those of us in North Carolina felt the effects of it too. I had to remove 2 trees that fell over in my mother and step fathers yard that just barely missed their house. We had a nasty cold spell with some wicked wind, 30 mph for 3 days straight.

Terry Grayson lives pretty close to me, so I'm pretty sure he got the same effects as I did. I know Spencer lives in West Virginia, and they were going to get slammed with snow, so let's hope he still has heat. How did the strom effect everyone else in IN, MI, WI, PA etc?

Doron
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Super Storm

Post by BrianZ111 »

A few clouds rolled in overnight one night which was actually nice because it kept it a little warmer that night, other than that we didn't see anything here in Wisconsin. Hope everything is OK for everyone here who is on the east coast though.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Here in central OH. it was wind rain and colder then normal for 4 straight days. Most of the rain accually fell on Sunday and early Monday with windy conditions. Monday afternoon and for about 24 hours the wind picked up with some gust around 50 mph but not as bad as some other recent wind storms we've had here over the last 5 years. Damage in the area was minor.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Here in the Detroit area, it was pretty much as Steve described... windy and rainy, but nothing extraordinary... thank goodness. Some people lost power due to downed tree limbs, but it seems like that happens any time the wind gets over 50 mph. I truly feel for those poor people on the East coast.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Lost power from Monday through Thursday. Lost a downspout and some food.
Feel very lucky because some in New Jersey and New York are still w/o power.
Stan
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Are any of you going to be affected by the second storm coming through this week?

Let's hope it does not create the havoc that the last one did.