Ryder Cup

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Ryder Cup

Post by tincup »

I am kind of surprised that no one posted a single thing about the Ryder Cup. Not that there is a whole lot to talk about except the historic crash and burn by the American team. What a shocker! :eek:

And who was that dude pretending to be Tiger Woods?... you know the one who was spraying the ball into the trees and bleachers and was hitting spectators ... Maybe that was Gerald Ford incognito. Good thing there is not another Ryder Cup for two years... it will take that long for the wounds to heal... jeeze. :blush:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Ryder Cup

Post by SteveHorn »

Of courses I wanted Team USA to win but I also wanted a great to watch Ryder Cup. So I was glad on Saturday that Europe was able to close the gap to 10 to 6 to at least make Sundays single matches somewhat interesting to watch. Boy what a surprise, When Europe made it even you could since we were going to lose. Furyk has'nt delivered under preasure in a long time and this year he was terrible in clutch situations. Stricker looked really tense the last 3 holes. Oh well maybe in 2 years Congrats to Team Europe.
My Ryder cup in season play was also dramatic with a 14 to 14 tie about 2 weeks ago. Team USA retained the cup. Looking forward to the Presidents Cup here in town at Muirfield Village. Hope its a good one.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

I kinda of enjoyed it, but then I would wouldn't I!
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Captain Davis Love III made the decision to skip Hunter Mahan, who finished one spot out from the last automatic spot. Instead, he chose the crumbling Jim Furyk, who hasn't won a tournament in 2 years. He should have won the US Open and the Bridgestone, but he folded in both. Is it any surprise that he did the same against Sergio? I will say that Justin Rose took the match away from Mickelson with some incredible birdies at the end, but Furyk choked again and with a bogey- bogey finish, relived his collapses at the US Open and Bridgestone.

Mahan lost to McDowell 2 years ago in the final match, but McDowell had an incredible year, and showed how good he was. I hope David didn't choose Furyk over Mahan because of that.

Either way, it was an exciting finish and so very much like 1999. Congrats to the Europeans for an incredible comeback!

Doron