PC Updates

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

PC Updates

Post by Polslad »

I know there are some clever guys around here PC wise, I need a bit of advice.
I keep getting update messages on my PC, especially from Java and Apple for cloud explorer, I Tunes and quicktime etc.
Should I install them?
I recall the last time I installed an update from Apple my PC went daft for a few days and I had to restore to a time from before the updates to get it running again.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Re: PC Updates

Post by stillgolfing »

Polsad;
It wasn't clear from your post if your PC is still Apple. You made it sound like you had an Apple, but might have something else now?
Basically if you still have an Apple, I can't believe you ever had a problem. You were kidding, right? They "JUST WORK!" ... don't they? :)
However, if you have a Windows PC, my recommendation is "never install Apple software - period". As far as Java is concerned, I'm not sure. I noticed I started getting Java updates after I installed Open Office (Oracle had just taken it over) and I never thought much about them and never had a problem, but about 3 years ago my brother inlaw started getting "Black Screens of Death" on his PC and the only way to reboot was to pull the plug; so no more Java updates for him!
Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Re: PC Updates

Post by Polslad »

Standard PC with Windows Vista.