Robert Wagers

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Re: Robert Wagers

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Tin, when you learn the name of the funeral home, please let us know so that we can post a comment on Wage's obituary.
Stan
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I am deeply sorrowed but at the same time relieved that Robert has passed on. I believe it was e. e. cummings who wrote (while his father was fighting cancer) "do not go softly into that dark night." Robert fought an incredibly heroic and long battle for his life, never surrendering while there was a chance that he might live. My condolences to Andrea and Robert's family.

Just an add-on. As far as I'm concerned, the #1 of 1600+ courses in PGA2K is Bob's "The Trenche at Monticello." It is beautiful, it is challenging.
Last edited by Indy Anna Jones on May 31st, 2012, 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

I'm stunned. Incredible designer and an incredible member of this community. Had respect and graciousness in his dealings with others on the forum. Not one to toot his own horn and always willing to help a fellow designer. Wow - thoughts are with his family. He will be missed greatly by us here I am sure of that.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

This breaks my heart. As most everyone has already mentioned, he was probably the best designer for our game. At least now he is not suffering anymore. My prayers are with his wife and children.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

If you want to see why Robert was considered one of the premier designers in this game, all you have to do is look at the quality of the courses he produced. Robert had 10 courses all together:
1 Arrowhead Golf Club 08/23/03
2 Atchafalaya Basin 03/05/06
3 Greenbrier Resort 03/03/02
4 Magnolia Valley CC 03/04/01
5 The Country Club @ Terra Cotta Plantation 09/20/01
6 The Trenche at Monticello 02/22/04
7 The Valley Course @ Horseshoe Bend 10/19/02
8 Tomahawk Run 12/26/05
9 Travertine Island GC 06/09/02
10 Whipporwill Golf and CC 03/29/03

He was also involved in a couple co-designs with Terry Grayson (another superstar designer in this game).
1 Coastal Links at Edisto Island 06/18/06
2 The Cliffs at Stone Forest 07/31/11

Robert had a meticulous attention to detail and it showed in his final products. He will be missed. :cry:

Dar
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Really sad to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

When I got Dar's original email the other day, it was just heart breaking. I feel so bad for the family.. Robert fought a tough fight for several years... He was a good friend, and it just hurts my heart that he is gone

His family will continue to be in my prayers... I feel lucky I got to know him, talk about golf design with him....Just way to early for him to go...

Rest in peace my friend..
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Post by hookster »

Bob was one of the best if not the best designers in this game. It was an extreme pleasure to know him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. God bless you Bobby.
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Post by Craigus10 »

I have only just logged in and seen this news. Very sad to hear. RIP Robert. May you rest and be free of all your pain.

One of the great designers and contributors for this game.

Regards,

Craig
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Such sad news. Rest in peace my friend.