Post from Wagers on Mygolfer

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post from Wagers on Mygolfer

Post by tincup »

I don't think many people are going to the Mygolfer site anymore. I found this post from Bob Wagers dated today, Dec 8. I thought you would like to see it.
Dar

Hello from beyond!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but as you can imagine, I am VERY sick. My disease has progressed to MDS (Pre-Leukemia)and I am trying to get approved for another Stem Cell Transplant. This time I will be using my sister's stem-cells as the donor-cells. As one could imagine, this is a very dangerous procedure but it is the only chance I have against it turning in AML(Leukemia).

I don't know exactly when I'll be going to Nashville for this transplant, but I do know it won't be until Jan, 2011 at the earliest.

My current condition leaves me in a constant state of Anemia; which makes me feel as though I was suffocating. I have had so many transfusions that my doc. has kinda "cut-me-off" because of my Extremely-high iron levels. High iron levels lead to organ damage/failure and can cause complications during the transplant. He strings-me-along as far as he can and thus, I feel terrible almost all the time now!

I just wanted to leave you friends an update... I don't know if I'll be able to make another post before I leave for Nashville, nor how long after the TP that I'll be able to post again!

Hopefully I'll see you on the other-side!

Robert D. Wagers
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Re: Post from Wagers on Mygolfer

Post by Stan Nehilla »

And I posted an invitation to Wage to join us.

Whoever has his email address should let him know about
Golf Sim Clubhouse.
Stan
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

He used to be on my Facebook friends list, but apparently got rid of his page. He didn't even come up in a search.
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

I lost some of my contacts awhile back and had to re-add almost everyone. Send another request to Robert D. Wagers and I can add you again.

I thought I had added an account here before, but I guess I didn't..... So, obviously I just did it!

Wage
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Great to have you here Wage, hope you're feeling better soon!
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Good to hear from you Robert. Our prayers are with you through your ordeal.
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

I wanted to post an update for you all.
Well, I had to take an Ambulance to the hospital Sunday. My blood-counts dropped so low that my heart wouldn't slow-down and I thought I was in danger of cardiac arrest.
I was neutropenic again and my Hemogloben and Red Blood cells were VERY LOW. I actually had to be admitted and was placed in a Neutropenic-Precautions-Room. I had to have 4-units of blood (that's twice what I normally need).
After the fourth unit of blood my doctor started a chemo treatment called Vidaza. This is not a cure but it will slow-down the progression of the MDS.
It has been a while since I've had any actual-chemo in my body and I have forgotten how it makes you feel (tired, weak, and nauseous). I have to go every day for 6 weeks then I get 3 weeks to recuperate. Hopefully by then, I will have been approved for the transplant that I need so much. I found out that the reason it is taking so long to get approved this time is because it's the end of the fiscal year and most of the pre-approved funding has been used for 2010 and I guess I'm not the highest of priorities.
I'm home now and feel better than I did but am feeling the effects of the this new chemo. I hope I sleep well tonight because my body needs the rest!

Wage
Last edited by Robert D. Wagers on December 24th, 2010, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ogilvy2
Weekend Duffer

Post by ogilvy2 »

Well, I don´t know what to say.
I wish you all the best Robert.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Boris
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

I am a newbie (or long lost member) here, so I knew very little about your artwork. Finding out about your work has been one of the joys of returning to the community :) I am sure many designers here have been inspired to do better after seeing the kind of work that you have produced. Glad that you are still in touch with the community - to encourage us and offer perspective. My family will certainly keep your present health in our prayers.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Robert my friend,

I am saddened to hear that things have deteriorated for you. I thought at one point you had beaten this beast. The battle you and your family have fought over the past several years is nothing short of inspirational.

I learned a lot from your first bone marrow transplant ordeal. I now know how dangerous it is to go through that procedure. In your own words, they have to kill your immune system and basically take you to the edge of death to give the transplant a chance to "take". It has to be frightening to think about going through that again.

But, I have also learned that you are a real fighter and if anyone can do it, you can. We can't be there with you, but rest assured that we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. You have a lot of people pulling for you.

Dar