Weather & Tornados

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Weather & Tornados

Post by Stan Nehilla »

The weather reports from SouthEast USA have been bad.
I hope all our friends from those states are alright.
Let us know . It will be good to hear from you.
Stan
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Weather & Tornados

Post by SteveHorn »

Yeah. North Carolina I heard had over 60 tornados in 1 day and their was close to 250 with that last weather system that stayed to the south of OH. The new storm system thats out there today may give us, IN. KY.ILL. some tornadoes overnight tonight. I'll probably be staying up late and watching the weather alot today.
That last outbreak reminded me of the super outbreak on April 3rd & 4th 1974.In a 24 hour period there was 148 tornadoes. There was 15 tornadoes on the ground at the same time at 1 point. Their was so many tornado warnings in Indiana that they put the whole state under a warning at one time. We had the sirens in Columbus go off 3 different times on the 4th. The F-5 tornado that wiped Xenia OH. off the map killing 33 people basically that storm went right over my house. Lucky for me the tornado had dissipated by then. When it was all over 315 people were killed,5484 people were injured and the distruction paths of all the tornadoes was 2598 miles.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

I heard from Terry. He and his family are OK.
I Hope Doron & Wage posts. And anyone else in the areas.
Stan
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I remember that day well Steve. My Aunt and Uncle lived in Xenia. Tornado went right through the middle of town. Thankfully they survived.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

DC#1! WOW thats amazing. Its a small world. I would never have guessed that someone on this site would have known someone who lived in Xenia in 1974. Your aunt & uncle must have felt pretty lucky that they survived. That was a multi vortex twister that flattened everything in its path. There was several other towns that were devistated by tornado's that day with a large loss of life but Xenia was the worst.
I see that we are under a tornado watch until 5am. The front is really very strong and the storms are lined up for hundreds of miles with some huge bowing (WINDS) in the line as I type this. Judy is probably in the middle of the storms right about now. I still have a few hours before they get here.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I was lucky to have missed most of the terrible storms. I did get some minor hail damage to my vehicle, but no big deal. The clouds looked very intimidating on several different days last week.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Good to hear from you Doron! I was a tad worried that you may have got caught up in one of those storms.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

:up: Glad your with us Doron.
Be safe. :)
Stan
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

It just keeps going. A new round of storms ravaged the southern states last night. I heard there were 51 people killed in Alabama alone and 85 overall from the various states hit. My heart goes out to those people who have lost loved ones or lost their homes... jeeze. Mother nature is definitely in a very bad mood.

Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Wow! I mention the super outbreak in April 1974 nearly 2 weeks ago and yesterday the weather pattern was amost identical as it was back then with simular results. :( Tornadoes in April happen, but were approaching an enormous record close to 800 for the month.